Random thoughts

bills44

1. What an utter shitshow from the defense. The DL was being blown off the ball by a mediocre OL. Even Kyle Williams was MIA today. It's a quarter of the way into the season - is it too much to expect Mario to make a play or two? It's maddening that they can't put together an effective pass rush. Some of Wannstedt's schemes/calls are mind-boggling.

2. I've been a Fitz supporter, but at best, he's an average NFL QB. Granted, the jamokes he has at WR aren't helping matters, but he's just far too erratic.

3. Want to bet that people will light into Spiller but excuse FJ for their fumbles? Jackson is like the Chris Drury of the Bills - he gets all of the credit, and none of the blame.

4. It's clear to me that this team is not a contender. Just too many holes at LB, WR, QB and S. can this be fixed in one off-season?

5. Officiating. Yeah, it didn't have an effect on the outcome of the game, but you can't tell me tht the Pats* only committed one penalty all game long. I lost track of the missed holds.

6. Spikes. That cheap shot on Chandler was worse than the Tate/Lee hit. Of course, very little was said by the announcers. The hit was suspension-worthy, IMO. Maybe this makes me a bad person, but I do hope that guys like Spikes and Wilfork are the victims of vicious cheap shots in the near future.

7. I admit that I was suckered by the 21-7 lead. Had a sick feelin when the Pats* tied it up, and knew it was over when Drury lost a fumble with the score 28-21. But as much as the franchise, the coaches and players continue to frustrate me, I'll continue to root for them, and hope that " next year" will be different.

Also, the lack of hustle by the defense, and the way that they laid down in the 2nd half was disturbing, to say the least.

Edited by bills44

1. What an utter shitshow from the defense. The DL was being blown off the ball by a mediocre OL. Even Kyle Williams was MIA today. It's a quarter of the way into the season - is it too much to expect Mario to make a play or two? It's maddening that they can't put together an effective pass rush. Some of Wannstedt's schemes/calls are mind-boggling.

2. I've been a Fitz supporter, but at best, he's an average NFL QB. Granted, the jamokes he has at WR aren't helping matters, but he's just far too erratic.

3. Want to bet that people will light into Spiller but excuse FJ for their fumbles? Jackson is like the Chris Drury of the Bills - he gets all of the credit, and none of the blame.

4. It's clear to me that this team is not a contender. Just too many holes at LB, WR, QB and S. can this be fixed in one off-season?

5. Officiating. Yeah, it didn't have an effect on the outcome of the game, but you can't tell me tht the Pats* only committed one penalty all game long. I lost track of the missed holds.

6. Spikes. That cheap shot on Chandler was worse than the Tate/Lee hit. Of course, very little was said by the announcers. The hit was suspension-worthy, IMO. Maybe this makes me a bad person, but I do hope that guys like Spikes and Wilfork are the victims of vicious cheap shots in the near future.

7. I admit that I was suckered by the 21-7 lead. Had a sick feelin when the Pats* tied it up, and knew it was over when Drury lost a fumble with the score 28-21. But as much as the franchise, the coaches and players continue to frustrate me, I'll continue to root for them, and hope that " next year" will be different.

Also, the lack of hustle by the defense, and the way that they laid down in the 2nd half was disturbing, to say the least.

Your fourth and fifth points are right on the money. We have significant deficiencies at those positions. It was incredible watching the holding by the Pats offensive line, none of which were being called.

Today also pointed out that our defensive backfield coach isn't earning his pay. Even the network announcers were critical, though obliquely.

Where was the run game today? We rarely used Cj on the draw and occasionally we smashed it up the gut with fred but we were caught in too many 3rd and longs in the 2nd half. Poor play calling in the 2nd half. I swear this team looses all hope after a bad series then it just keeps snowballing. Better play calling in the 2nd wins us that game. Freds turnover was killer but that was a hard hit. Too many turnovers to recover from. Ftz cant be throwing the ball that much when we are up. He's a game manager not a game ender like brady is.