How would you feel about the Bills in the AFC North?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing how many Bills fans went to Cleveland, and how many Steeler fans came to RWS pre-season, I bet much more intense rivalries would develop if the Bills were in the AFC North. We could swap with the Ravens. They would fit great in the AFC East.

Comments?

PTR

As a die hard Fins hater who was present for all 20 losses and the following wins, I would miss the rivalries with the Fins, Jets, and Pats but felt then and now a "Blue Collar/Rust Belt" rivalry would have benefited all 4 teams and their respective cities.

Rivalries such as Dallas and NY Giants are antiquated holdovers from when Dallas was an expansion team in 1960 and there were fewer options for placement in a division.

When recent realignment was instituted, it should have had greater consideration to geography. Because of proximity and more similar demographics among the populations, new (and better) rivalries would have quickly evolved. In college, Florida and Georgia have a strong rivalry - largely because of proximity to each other. Can anyone fathom Florida and Nebraska in the same division? You'd think it was bizarre.

When the Dallas - Giants rivalry was formed, there was no team in Indianapolis, Arizona, Cincinnati, Carolina, Tampa, Seattle, Miami, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Tennessee, etc. Furthermore, there were 2 separate leagues, so having the expansion Houston Oilers of the AFL in the same division wasn't an option.

As far as a Dallas-Giants or Buffalo-Miami match ups go, the way the schedule rotation is setup, these teams would meet at least every 4 years. More often if they had similar finishes in their respective divisions.

There is no perfect scenario, but I would have blown the whole thing up and started over without any regard to conferences or previous division. Call the conferences and divisions whatever you want.

See attached map - tell me that wouldn't make a lot more sense than the way it's currently configured.

Conference 1

NY Jets, NY Giants, Philadelphia, New England

Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Indianapolis

Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Tennessee

Seattle, KC, St Louis, Denver

Conference 2

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit

Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta

Washington, Baltimore, Carolina, Cincinnati

San Fran, San Diego, Arizona, Oakland

post-5740-0-98460900-1348925716_thumb.jpg