Joe Buscaglia "upon further review"

I think these Buscaglia articles are great and applaud him for taking the time to rate all of the players and keep a running average for the full season. In order to do this he has to give him some grade for his limited snaps. Again, B- is his average, and I think that makes sense for these few plays. There was nothing good or bad there.

Fair enough. I disagree with your premise - I don't think you have to give a player who doesn't play a grade. Where does it stop? Do you "have to" give the healthy scratches grades? The players who sit on the bench? We can agree to disagree, that's cool.

Fair enough. I disagree with your premise - I don't think you have to give a player who doesn't play a grade. Where does it stop? Do you "have to" give the healthy scratches grades? The players who sit on the bench? We can agree to disagree, that's cool.

I don't mean to be as high up on a soap box as I likely sound. I just really appreciate these articles. They are what I'd like to do myself if I had the time. I don't agree with everything (i.e. Fitz's grade this week should have been higher), but really appreciate the time and energy that goes into the analysis and write-up.

I'm reacting to people seeming to attack Joe because they don't understand or agree with the guidelines he's following. They are just methodology decisions, and pretty reasonable ones I think.

- Those that did not appear in the game on offense or defense were not graded.

- For obvious reasons, this is a report that highlights my findings and opinions from the individual games.

- The GPA's attached at the bottom are an overall grade of how I felt that player performed, basing it all on the play-by-play film review done throughout the week. B- is considered average on my scale, not C.

- Plus/minus scores and GPAs will be tracked as the season goes along. An individual game's GPA will be weighted with how many snaps that player has on the field in the contest when figuring out a season long average.

Disagreeing with the content is the great discussion this can spark, but TT's grade is not fertile ground for this.

So TT got a B- for five lame plays, so what? The more interesting discussion is what RF should have gotten. After further review, I'd say B+. After my initial view I would have said B-: he looked poor, but somehow managed good results. I'm just surprised after review Joe came back to a B-.