Who to Sit Week 3? Obvious Choice?

Matt in KC

I'm in a league with 1/2 point per reception

RB

Michael Bush - It looks very likely Forte will sit at least another week.

Adrian Peterson - Against the very strong SF defense

WR

Calvin Johnson - Tenessee has been okay versus the pass (played NE and SD), but I'm not sitting Johnson.

Dez Bryant - He's not playing great, but goes against the 32nd ranked (pass defense) Buccaneers.

Flex

Stevie Johnson - Against the 30th ranked Browns pass D (earned against PHI and CIN)

IR

Fred Jackson - In case you were wondering how I got here...

Bench

Isaac Redman - Mendenhall is practicing, but likely out until week 5 after their bye. Dwyer has a case of turf toe and has not been practicing this week. This seems to have Redman in line for the vast majority of runs against the 29th ranked OAK defense, in a game where I expect the Steelers to stomp the Raiders.

The Steelers have not been running well this year so far. Redman had a groin injury to start the year, but seems to be back to full speed.

So, what do you think, am I crazy thinking of sitting Bryant or Stevie in place or Redman?

I can't sit Peterson, but the more I look, the tougher his job appears this week. My Fantasy Football site (Fleaflicker) projects Redman with 14 points to 7 for Peterson.

No way I sit Calvin ever. Bryants match up looks way to tempting to sit. I'd go with him as well. I don't like the Steeler running game at all. So I would start Stevie in your flex.

Whats your opinion on my situation this week? I have to pick 2 backs out of 3 in a non ppr. Darrin Sproles. Must start in my opinion. But then I have Jamal Charles against a weak N.O. defense and Alfred Morris at home against Cinci

Edited by Dante

I'd play Morris at home against Cincinatti. They've allowed a lot of yards rushing this year (180/game), but have gone against Baltimore and Cleveland, where the small two-game sample size, Ray Rice and Richardson make you wonder just how bad they are.

The tie-breaker is Charles's knee. Who knows if he is really 100% or they're limiting his repetitions. Will he have soreness again and will they pull him out of the game again?

Morris might even be a better play than Sproles. Too bad you're not in a ppr league w Sproles....

-----------------------

It looks like Dwyer is going to play, even though it sounded like he had turf toe. If he's active, I keep my line up like it is including Redman on the bench. If they announce ahead of time Dwyer is out, I stare at my line up some more. Everyone else plays in an early Sunday game.

I thought of your post when I saw Charles had a 91 yard TD. It's clear from the stats he got luck today.... :oops:

lol I sat him!! He got over 40 points in my league. But not just him. I sat Percy Harvin and RG3 who all did better than the guys I started (Brees, Dem Thomas) and I ended still winning by .18 points. That's POINT 18. 122 - 121.82

Did you end up starting Stevie? At least he had a TD

lol I sat him!! He got over 40 points in my league. But not just him. I sat Percy Harvin and RG3 who all did better than the guys I started (Brees, Dem Thomas) and I ended still winning by .18 points. That's POINT 18. 122 - 121.82

Did you end up starting Stevie? At least he had a TD

wow you sat percy?!?! Must start esp in a ppr league!

Section 123, He said it's no a PPR league.

Dante, I made the right choice, sitting Redman. Dez Brant was my only RB/WR/TE starter without a TD or 100+ yards. I would have been better off playing A Hawkins (CIN) or Kyle Rudolph (TE MIN) who were on my bench and also got TDs. Rudolph got 2, but Pitta did fine for me last night. But, neither had enough of a track record for me to trust.

I likely lost because Vick laid an egg, unless they Packers D can put up 20 points.... My opponent killed me with Roethlisberger and A. Foster. My guess is I come up a bit short. 20 is too much to hope out of a D. They totally dominated the Bears last week and only scored 15.

I've lost each week by under 5 points. Uhg!

Section 123, He said it's no a PPR league.

Dante, I made the right choice, sitting Redman. Dez Brant was my only RB/WR/TE starter without a TD or 100+ yards. I would have been better off playing A Hawkins (CIN) or Kyle Rudolph (TE MIN) who were on my bench and also got TDs. Rudolph got 2, but Pitta did fine for me last night. But, neither had enough of a track record for me to trust.

I likely lost because Vick laid an egg, unless they Packers D can put up 20 points.... My opponent killed me with Roethlisberger and A. Foster. My guess is I come up a bit short. 20 is too much to hope out of a D. They totally dominated the Bears last week and only scored 15.

I've lost each week by under 5 points. Uhg!

Damn that's rough. Unfortunate for you he had a qb going up against the Raider D. Their horrible. Foster is always going to do well. Like you I have Rudolph on two pay teams. I think he's the real deal. I sat him in favor of Chandler on the Bills this week. For me, Rudolph is a must start now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.