Bills Backers in Seattle?

Last year I watched most the Bills games online. But this year it's hard to find feeds for some reason.

I'm wondering if there's an active Bills Backers group in Seattle that hangs out at some sports bar every Sunday? It would be fun to watch the game with some like-minded fans on a large screen TV instead of my computer.

Only a ferry ride away, but generally only make it down for Hawks games. Will be there for a few this year. Might PM you to meet prior to and watch the am games near Qwest somewhere if that location works. I usually hit up the sports bar in Safeco.

http://www.buffalobi...ocator-map.html

Two listed...

Bills Backers of Seattle

Jillian's Billiard Club

731 Westlake Ave N.

Seattle, WA

206-223-0300

Buffalo Heads Bills Backers

Kelly O'Brien's Lounge

5410 17th Ave NW

Seattle, WA

206-257-6080

Thanks. I thought I heard the Bills Backers group that was meeting at Jillian's is now defunct. Not sure where I heard/read that. I didn't know another group was meeting at Kelly O'Brien's and may try that this weekend depending on what else might emerge on this thread.

I listened to the Chiefs game on WGR while following it on NFL.com (which provided some highlights) and immediately decided this was a unsatisfactory way to follow the Bills. I need to actually see the game.

Thanks again!

Hondo, I was in Seattle for about 20 hours last weekend and watched the Bills-Chiefs at a Seattle sports bar called "95 Slide." I ran into a fellow Bills fan… a kid Jason K from Fairport. The bar actually had the Bills game on two screens.

We were pretty loud and enthusiastic too. So much so that I didn't really notice the table of Cheatriots*** fans sitting behind us, sweating out the game vs Arizona… a game the Cheatriots*** would lose.

One of the Cheatriots*** fans started exhorting the others as the game wound down yelling "we are NOT losing to Arizona!!!" This is when I first noticed those clowns and was just after Wilfork recovered the Arizona fumble.

I started giving them a hard time saying "you guys aren't looking so good… losing to Arizona at home." I was wearing my Mitchell and Ness blue standing Buffalo cap so one of them said "you guys didn't look so good last week against the Jets" to which I replied "well unlike you guys, we're winning big today" with a big smile on my face.

Feeling emboldened I then said "you guys haven't won a Super Bowl since 2004… not so great lately" to which one of them said, "when have the Buffalo Bills won anything?" I said "well we went to 4 straight Super Bowls which no other team has ever done but you're right, we didn't win one." I then added "But we didn't cheat either and I'd rather win fair and square than cheat my way to a Super Bowl championship."

That was pretty much the conversation stopper as the Cheatriots*** were muddling their way into field goal territory and those guys seemed more inclined to watch the screen than deal with a heckler. The Bills game was still going on but I had to leave for the airport and wasn't really in the mood to watch them celebrate a game-winning field goal so I gave their table the old "good luck guys… you're gonna need it." If I'd known Gostkowski was gonna miss, I definitely would have stayed… in fact I was surprised to find out later on that the Cheating Bastards**** had lost.

It was a great football Sunday. The Bills won, the Cheatriots*** lost, and the wings and beers were pretty good.

The Bills Backers of Seattle have met at Jillian's for at least 10 years now. Any rumor of our demise is greatly exaggerated.

I will take responsibility for not keeping up an email list, or doing anything else fun on the side, but we are always there for games, and there are always 1-2 dozen people at minimum.

So come on down to South Lake Union Jillians. Plenty of parking around the area, children are allowed (and they have an arcade downstairs). See you Sunday morning.

GO BILLS!!!

El Pres

(your benevolent if neglectful despot)

The Bills Backers of Seattle have met at Jillian's for at least 10 years now. Any rumor of our demise is greatly exaggerated.

I will take responsibility for not keeping up an email list, or doing anything else fun on the side, but we are always there for games, and there are always 1-2 dozen people at minimum.

So come on down to South Lake Union Jillians. Plenty of parking around the area, children are allowed (and they have an arcade downstairs). See you Sunday morning.

GO BILLS!!!

El Pres

Damn! Really?

South Lake Union? I was visiting my sister who lives on Lake Union. I went to 95 Dive at the suggestion of my niece and her boyfriend.

Next time for sure.

Shoot! My apologies...I meant to put a post on the wall when the season started...but ever since I became a parent time doesn't fly...it evaporates!

Well...yes next time come on by.

El Pres

Damn! Really?

South Lake Union? I was visiting my sister who lives on Lake Union. I went to 95 Dive at the suggestion of my niece and her boyfriend.

Next time for sure.

Hondo, I was in Seattle for about 20 hours last weekend and watched the Bills-Chiefs at a Seattle sports bar called "95 Slide." I ran into a fellow Bills fan… a kid Jason K from Fairport. The bar actually had the Bills game on two screens.

We were pretty loud and enthusiastic too. So much so that I didn't really notice the table of Cheatriots*** fans sitting behind us, sweating out the game vs Arizona… a game the Cheatriots*** would lose.

One of the Cheatriots*** fans started exhorting the others as the game wound down yelling "we are NOT losing to Arizona!!!" This is when I first noticed those clowns and was just after Wilfork recovered the Arizona fumble.

I started giving them a hard time saying "you guys aren't looking so good… losing to Arizona at home." I was wearing my Mitchell and Ness blue standing Buffalo cap so one of them said "you guys didn't look so good last week against the Jets" to which I replied "well unlike you guys, we're winning big today" with a big smile on my face.

Feeling emboldened I then said "you guys haven't won a Super Bowl since 2004… not so great lately" to which one of them said, "when have the Buffalo Bills won anything?" I said "well we went to 4 straight Super Bowls which no other team has ever done but you're right, we didn't win one." I then added "But we didn't cheat either and I'd rather win fair and square than cheat my way to a Super Bowl championship."

That was pretty much the conversation stopper as the Cheatriots*** were muddling their way into field goal territory and those guys seemed more inclined to watch the screen than deal with a heckler. The Bills game was still going on but I had to leave for the airport and wasn't really in the mood to watch them celebrate a game-winning field goal so I gave their table the old "good luck guys… you're gonna need it." If I'd known Gostkowski was gonna miss, I definitely would have stayed… in fact I was surprised to find out later on that the Cheating Bastards**** had lost.

It was a great football Sunday. The Bills won, the Cheatriots*** lost, and the wings and beers were pretty good.

Thanks. Years ago I lived in San Francisco and used to spend Sundays in a sports bar there and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Typically there would be about 10 Bills fans as well as numerous fans of other teams, exhorting their teams. Friendly arguments would erupt between us Bills fans and the fans of our opponent that week. Way livelier than sitting at home in front of a computer screen like I did last year.

I may check out 95 Slide.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

GO BILLS!!!

El Pres

Wow! Not sure where I heard that the Bills Backers at Jillian's disbanded but my sincerest apologies for spreading a false rumor! Julian's is a nice place. Went there once to eat some wings and watch a b-ball game once with friends - not that I care a hot about b-ball. In fact, I'm not a huge sports fan - just a huge Bills fans. Barring some forgotten family commitment, I will be there tomorrow.

Sincerest thanks to all for all the suggestions!

Maybe next time you can meet up with the other Bills fans at Jillian's.

Edited by hondo in seattle

• 4 years later...

Hey Seattle Backers ! We met in LALA land last OCT and MNF w you in SEA .... Heading to BUFF for Denver and LALA LAnd again.... lost your contact info..

What are your travel plans ? :nana: 6-10......

ps stopped FB 6 months ago... luv it