What do you fellow hunters think of this?

kabnt2005

I have friends in NY who live by that motto. They even get "nuisance" permit's to shoot deer at night.

I have shot deer on nuisance tags, I don't think they can shoot at night.

Why are you pumped? I personally don't like it because it's going to kill the rest of bow season right off the bat. The deer are going to go nocturnal and bed down all day earlier than usual (before rut even starts).

Doubtful. No different than being out turkey/squirrel/duck hunting.

My biggest concern is safety. There's going to be full trees that you can't see through and now I'm going to have to wear orange during bow season so that I don't get shot by some inexperienced kid. Obviously there are parents who do it the right way and take their kids out hunting and show them the ropes, but there are ones who will just take them out, not explain anything, and let them shoot at the first thing that moves. Not to mention the parents who are just going to shoot the deer and throw it on their kids' tags. I'm curious as to how many DEC check stations will be out and running, but doing that would just admit that there's an issue with this youth hunt process.

My biggest concern is safety. There's going to be full trees that you can't see through and now I'm going to have to wear orange during bow season so that I don't get shot by some inexperienced kid. Obviously there are parents who do it the right way and take their kids out hunting and show them the ropes, but there are ones who will just take them out, not explain anything, and let them shoot at the first thing that moves. Not to mention the parents who are just going to shoot the deer and throw it on their kids' tags. I'm curious as to how many DEC check stations will be out and running, but doing that would just admit that there's an issue with this youth hunt process.

It's just one weekend.

• 4 weeks later...