Byrd missing practice, could be game-time decision

JÂy RÛßeÒ

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-byrd-miss-practice-foot-173037424--nfl.html

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo Bills starting safety Jairus Byrd will miss practice Wednesday because of an injured right foot, and it's uncertain whether he'll play at Cleveland this weekend.

Coach Chan Gailey provided the update before practice, saying Byrd had a setback since hurting his foot against in a 35-17 win over Kansas City last weekend. Gailey wasn't sure if Byrd would practice this week, and said it might be a game-time decision as to whether he'll play.

Wilson will move to FS, Searcy to SS.

I would however like to see A. Williams at FS especially if Brooks could have started at CB. Still would like to see Williams get some snaps at FS and either Rogers/McKelvin at CB in garbage time in the second half.

still like to know why byrd gets rated as high as #3 safety in nfl - i love the bills and like to see them get credit...but just dont see it

Agree...resigning Levitre is much more important than Byrd but still would like to see both in a Bills uniform for the next 5-7 years

Wilson will move to FS, Searcy to SS.

I would however like to see A. Williams at FS especially if Brooks could have started at CB. Still would like to see Williams get some snaps at FS and either Rogers/McKelvin at CB in garbage time in the second half.

Agree...resigning Levitre is much more important than Byrd but still would like to see both in a Bills uniform for the next 5-7 years

Every game that Levitre starts, his price is continuing to go up. Levitre and Wood are the heart and soul of this Offensive Line and probably the offense. They really need to use that 12M in Salary cap to lock him up and provide that continuity. I believe they also need to take care of Urbik who will also be a FA at the end of this season.

still like to know why byrd gets rated as high as #3 safety in nfl - i love the bills and like to see them get credit...but just dont see it

And you have better insight, how? He's a VERY good safety. Sure-tackler, brings a 'Pop' and has great ball skills. Now an established player, he's been worthy of staring in the League since day 1.

Anyway, did he hurt the ankle on the final play int.?

I don't think they should move Wilson if he can't play. Plug in Powell for Byrd if necessary. He looked good in the preseason. I'd rather have 1 replacement than 1 replacement and one player out of position.

Searcy has been splitting snaps with Wilson so far this season. I’m not saying it’s 50/50 but Chan did say that Searcy has earned some playing time and has been getting it at Wilson’s expense. In the past few years I’ve heard many times that the safeties were interchangeable in the defense but I’m not sure if that is the case in Wanny’s new D. I still have more faith in Wilson to play either spot than I do in Searcy. Howell looked good in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd stringers but I’m not ready for his first real NFL action to be a start on the road.

BYRDMAN BBbbbbrrrrrrrrrdddrrrrdrdrdr!!! (me jumping around the house screamin BYRDMAN) This is my favorite hitter of the whole team, maybe next is Corey MacTrucktire smashing fools on special teams and running plays. If hes ready to go then cool, but maybe he should rest for the Cheatriots.

And you have better insight, how? He's a VERY good safety. Sure-tackler, brings a 'Pop' and has great ball skills. Now an established player, he's been worthy of staring in the League since day 1.

Anyway, did he hurt the ankle on the final play int.?

Gee i watch the games....very good safety does not mean top 3 in nfl....