AEG For Sale - - LA Mayor Claims No Impact On Farmers Field

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8815743

In a statement, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said AEG's sale will not affect plans for an NFL team to return to the city.

"I have worked with both Philip Anschutz and Tim Leiweke for years to bring a football team to Los Angeles," he said. "I have the commitment from both of them that this sale will not affect plans for an NFL team to return to Los Angeles in the near future and will not affect my support for moving ahead with Farmers Field and the Convention Center site."

Leiweke confirmed the company will stay on course with its plans to bring pro football to Los Angeles.

Converting assets to cash before the big purchase?

Anshultz doesn't need to sell AEG to free up money for a possible stake in a LA NFL franchise. He already has enough money to by four or five teams if he wanted to. It's just his M.O. to periodically move on to something else and AEG's value is high right now.

Anshultz doesn't need to sell AEG to free up money for a possible stake in a LA NFL franchise. He already has enough money to by four or five teams if he wanted to. It's just his M.O. to periodically move on to something else and AEG's value is high right now.

Agreed. He is likely losing interest. There will be no stadium without local ownership. He can't identify a team that will move and sell him a huge chunk of the team and pay rent.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Now when Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said AEG's sale "will not affect plans for an NFL team to return to Los Angeles in the near future and will not affect my support for moving ahead with Farmers Field and the Convention Center site," one would have to assume that the only teams that could RETURN to Los Angeles would be the Chargers, Rams, or Raiders - yes?

Now when Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said AEG's sale "will not affect plans for an NFL team to return to Los Angeles in the near future and will not affect my support for moving ahead with Farmers Field and the Convention Center site," one would have to assume that the only teams that could RETURN to Los Angeles would be the Chargers, Rams, or Raiders - yes?

The Chargers are struggling mightily to sell tickets. They were barely able to get enough tickets sold for the home opener and have 11,000 seats left to sell before 4:00 tomorrow to avoid a blackout for Sunday.

Sure, if thats what you want to believe.......

Its more likely he is just refering to any team that would move and bring football back to LA

the stadium looks beautiful on paper/drawing concepts, but in real life it's going to be built on one of the largest parking structures in LA...

that garage is always full for Lakers games...where would people park if the Lakers, Kings and/or Clippers played on the same day as an NFL game--where would people park?

you talk with anyone in LA...the stadium talk for Farmers Field has been very quiet of late--up until the now potential AEG sale

I would not be shocked if Farmers Field doesn't get built