Gregg Williams bounty statement

NoSaint

if he was suspended starting today, the remainder would count against it. IE 8 games suspended would bring him to week 10 despite the PUP lasting until just about the same week. Injuries dont supersede suspension (im like 90% sure, but should point out im not 100%)

If injury doesn't supercede suspension and he's out 6 games on PUP, how would 8 games bring him to week 10? Wouldn't the suspension start when he was able to play? That would be week 7 and 8 games would get him to week 15.

If injury doesn't supercede suspension and he's out 6 games on PUP, how would 8 games bring him to week 10? Wouldn't the suspension start when he was able to play? That would be week 7 and 8 games would get him to week 15.

PUP is 6 weeks as the shortest. with his injury he could be out til atleast week 10 before they have to IR him.

what i was trying to say (perhaps clumsily) is if hes suspended for 8 weeks starting today, it doesnt matter that hes on PUP, the suspension would start today. 2 weeks into the season, plus say 8 weeks suspension, would bring him to the same week 10 period that he may already be out for with the injury. Hence if there was any way to get this to 8 games or less quick, it wouldve been a smart play to essentially not miss any weeks he wouldve been active. odds are he will not be ready even for week 6 from what i gather.

and i havent read this but just saw it posted - her analysis early was appreciated here, so im willing to toss it up blindly, as she has had a pretty good track record of asking the right questions and using her law degree to outline where it goes next.

I know it notes that its odd that kurt warner was left out, and that the image of Vilma holding up cash wasnt explicitly stated in Greggs document, just that he pledged it - both of which mary jo white described vividly previously. perhaps cerullo covers that. youd think the nfl would want that image in the document.

http://www.stradleylaw.com/gregg-williams-bountygate-declaration-raises-more-questions/

Edited by NoSaint

and not to bump this toooooo much, but the cerullo statement has gotten in media hands. major sources reporting that cerullo has sworn that he physically delivered money from vilma to Gregg. Greggs statement is that he never had ANYTHING to do with that and never so much as touched the actual cash.

not at all implying that it is anything to throw out either on just that nugget, but it does start to get into gregg trying to cover his own butt it sounds like. even if vilma did hold up the cash as accused, gregg seems to be getting more and more toxic in this (again very gut early reactions that may be explained in a few hours even)

looking forward to seeing what cerullo wrote in full, instead of tweets about it.

still trickling in more on the statement, and a lot of what i shared about cerullo already - his revenge threats being new to even me though (again doesnt mean hes lying, just that he was very angry):

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20222798/vilmas-legal-team-raising-questions-about-bountygate-whistleblower

Edited by NoSaint

and not to bump this toooooo much, but the cerullo statement has gotten in media hands. major sources reporting that cerullo has sworn that he physically delivered money from vilma to Gregg. Greggs statement is that he never had ANYTHING to do with that and never so much as touched the actual cash.

not at all implying that it is anything to throw out either on just that nugget, but it does start to get into gregg trying to cover his own butt it sounds like. even if vilma did hold up the cash as accused, gregg seems to be getting more and more toxic in this (again very gut early reactions that may be explained in a few hours even)

looking forward to seeing what cerullo wrote in full, instead of tweets about it.

still trickling in more on the statement, and a lot of what i shared about cerullo already - his revenge threats being new to even me though (again doesnt mean hes lying, just that he was very angry):

http://www.cbssports...e-whistleblower

Well that's it for Vilma.

Anyway, still not sure why Goodell would allow the suspension to run concurrently with PUP. It's not really a penalty except for the last 2 weeks if he comes back after 6.

Well that's it for Vilma.

Anyway, still not sure why Goodell would allow the suspension to run concurrently with PUP. It's not really a penalty except for the last 2 weeks if he comes back after 6.

hes not getting paid if suspended would be one difference. if i recall correctly, injured players (even IRed players) have served conduct suspensions (drug/ped related for example).

otherwise, putting him on PUP would be akin to the saints potentially adding several weeks to the suspension. and would they have to declare him healthy at week 6? what if he wouldve moved to IR off the PUP for instance - would the suspension kick to next year? im pretty certain (but like i said, not positive) that injured players can serve their time and it amounts to not getting paid or access to the facilities.

and i dont think its over yet. you still have 9 players and coaches that signed statements and have testified in the court room contradicting this. theres still a battle left.

Edited by NoSaint

heres a theory im hearing floated that doesnt match anyones stories quite right, but hits a lot of the major questions that are springing up reading all this in context with the previous evidence - ive added some tweaks of my own:

vilma pledges 10k on warner - its the infamous bat game (ronnie lott giving the pregame speech, the team giving out bats to bring the wood, reggie running out of the tunnel with it)

bobby mccray gets 10k for knocking him out

bobby rolls the money forward to the next game

cerullo records the money as vilma in his ledger, not bobby, as vilma was the original supplier

smith, fujita and vitt pledged money to the standard pool that was in place (as has been argued from all 3, as well as mentioned by some accusers) but there name on the favre ledger gets them in trouble down the line.

favre gets hit

"give me my money bobby"

vilma denies bounty on favre

remi ayodele goes to the vikings and runs his mouth (initial investigation)

cerullo this season comes back with his bag of goodies to nail the saints

gregg rolls over on his way out and tries to protect himself warping the story some more (explains not even addressing the team before leaving)

just thought id share as it caught me as more reasonable than a lot of the kooky stuff ive heard to explain "give me my money bobby" and would possibly fit the "something still isnt right" issue that i mentioned earlier. 3 years later with memory and word of mouth issues, people covering their own butts and team mates, that story could twist into the mess we have today.

Edited by NoSaint

hes not getting paid if suspended would be one difference. if i recall correctly, injured players (even IRed players) have served conduct suspensions (drug/ped related for example).

otherwise, putting him on PUP would be akin to the saints potentially adding several weeks to the suspension. and would they have to declare him healthy at week 6? what if he wouldve moved to IR off the PUP for instance - would the suspension kick to next year? im pretty certain (but like i said, not positive) that injured players can serve their time and it amounts to not getting paid or access to the facilities.

and i dont think its over yet. you still have 9 players and coaches that signed statements and have testified in the court room contradicting this. theres still a battle left.

PUP ould become unpaid injury leave, essentially. His team would not pay any penalty except for 2 games without him. You may be right, but it doesn't make much sense as a punishment.

The affidavits contradicting the payoff won's sway the Commish, who still has sole jurisdiction, does he not? The panel simply told him he could "reconsider" the suspensions. If everyone has their say and are done with it, he rules.

And again, Vilma has been exposed as a very bad liar throughout all of this. His lawyer can call a million guys to give testimony but it will never matter. Williams told Goodell everything from day one and got no leniency for his ratting out of Vilma.

PUP ould become unpaid injury leave, essentially. His team would not pay any penalty except for 2 games without him. You may be right, but it doesn't make much sense as a punishment.

The affidavits contradicting the payoff won's sway the Commish, who still has sole jurisdiction, does he not? The panel simply told him he could "reconsider" the suspensions. If everyone has their say and are done with it, he rules.

And again, Vilma has been exposed as a very bad liar throughout all of this. His lawyer can call a million guys to give testimony but it will never matter. Williams told Goodell everything from day one and got no leniency for his ratting out of Vilma.

a player suspension is meant to hurt the player, not the team, as a primary goal.

or atleast thats been my interpretation. its a punishment directly to the individual that happens to have further reaching impact.

in this case he would lose his pay and access to the facilities, and contact with the team.

Edited by NoSaint

a player suspension is meant to hurt the player, not the team, as a primary goal.

or atleast thats been my interpretation. its a punishment directly to the individual that happens to have further reaching impact.

in this case he would lose his pay and access to the facilities, and contact with the team.

May be different in this case.

Also, if he loses contact with the team, then his games on PUP to this point can't count for suspension. He's is with the team.

May be different in this case.

Also, if he loses contact with the team, then his games on PUP to this point can't count for suspension. He's is with the team.

i dont think itll be different this time. suddenly youd have doctors arguing over when the suspension could start.

if they go the route of settlement, it can be whatever they agree on. literally, anything.

if they play this out as is, and say full season without compromise, im guessing they let him suit up week one next year to let this die unless it drags on for a long time still.

Edited by NoSaint