ques CHAN able play calls

patfitz

I wonder sometimes if "Charlie Chan" Gailey tries to outsmart himself. That revers call to Dickerson on the TD drive could have been a killer, and using Brad Smith in the Wildcat on a first down from their own 20 yard line resulting in a loss is another example of trying to be smart but acting dumb. I also wonder if it was Chan or Fitz that called for the pass to Stevie J. that ended in a TD.

I wonder sometimes if "Charlie Chan" Gailey tries to outsmart himself. That revers call to Dickerson on the TD drive could have been a killer, and using Brad Smith in the Wildcat on a first down from their own 20 yard line resulting in a loss is another example of trying to be smart but acting dumb. I also wonder if it was Chan or Fitz that called for the pass to Stevie J. that ended in a TD.

He definitely calls up some headscratchers from time to time, but if Brad Smith properly executes that play on 1stdown at their 20, I think he was going for big yards.

The only bad playcall I seen from Gailey today was the reverse to Dickerson on the 2 yardline. There is nothing wrong with using the wildcat on the 20 yard line.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I disagree that wildcat formation didn't fool anybody, no way Smith was going to throw it and risk an INT. Everybody knew it was going to be a run and it didn't fool KC that's why they lost 1o yards. If it was 1st down of KC's 20 yard line than maybe, not on your own 20.

I disagree that wildcat formation didn't fool anybody, no way Smith was going to throw it and risk an INT. Everybody knew it was going to be a run and it didn't fool KC that's why they lost 1o yards. If it was 1st down of KC's 20 yard line than maybe, not on your own 20.

You clearly didn't watch carefully enough. It had NOTHING to do with KC sniffing out the play but rather just poor execution on Brad Smith on either the exchange to CJ or tucking the ball away from CJ so he can run himself. Wildcat is actually a low risk play. Not a bad playcall with the lead we had.

Using your same logic, should we never throw a pass from the 20 yard line if Fitz throws an interception?

It had 0% chance of working period. And why risk it. That's my point it has to do with trying to be cute to force a fancy play when the ground game with Spiller was humming. That's why.

0% of change working period?...lol

Nonsensensical statement. You can't be 100% sure of that.

He definitely calls up some headscratchers from time to time, but if Brad Smith properly executes that play on 1stdown at their 20, I think he was going for big yards.

I said the same thing to my brother watching the game. They set up that play beautifully with CJ's earlier success. And EVERYBODY bit on the fake. Smith had the entire left third of the field from what it looked like. I'm thinking we'll come back to that at some point.

GO BILLS!!!

No it is perfectly logical. It is what happened and it was setup by the bad play call.

Wildcat is just as safe as a playcall as a run and they had success running out of it showing different looks. It was the execution of the play just like it would be if a running back fumbles. Using your same logic, anytime a running back would fumble or loses yards it's a poor playcall.