Spiller = Bees Knees

Numark

And he's done it against a very good defense, and a decent one, too. If we had a QB with even mediocre talent, this offense would be pretty dangerous. Too bad our season hangs, not on Spiller, but on Fitz.

Anyway - the thing that distinguishes Spiller from most backs - he now gets the tougher 3-5 yard runs, but he has the speed and explosiveness to take it to the house at any time. Some backs can do that - Chris Johnson, Javon Best, Charles - BUT, Spiller is now big and strong enough to also break tackles; he's not just a speed RB. In other words, Spiller is a complete back.

If he stays healthy, I think he'll lead the league in rushing this year. No one is even close. And - what makes this a sensible prediction, and not just a hasty reaction, is that he's been performing increasingly well since last year. It's not a fluke. And, it's only the beginning!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the way he was using his blocks and then attacking the feild with amazing burst. he also showed elusiveness, strength and balance. i love fred jackson, and i want him back on the field as soon as possible, but you cannot ignore the talent and desire that cj is playing with. what we are seeing may be the passing of the proverbial torch.

My thoughts exactly. Fred's my favorite bills ever. Joe Cribbs had that title for 32 years. Fred's attitude, determination and running style made the passing of the torch easy. While Fred is still my favorite player, it's obvious to me that CJ has to have more touches. His explosion through the hole and is like a bottle rocket being shot. When he turns the corner, I stand up and start screaming as I think he's going to take it to the house. He needs to be the focus of all defensive gameplans going forward. He is a special player if the Oline does a good job giving him some space. I'm happy he's a Bill. Very happy.