Glad to see that Gilmore is the real deal. Finally a shut down corner

milfster1

I guess all these so called experts should really wait to see how someone reacts in a real game before labeling him an impact rookie. Very disappointed with him as well as the rest of the defense.

He may turn out to be great in the long run, but for some much hype from the coaches, players and media he pretty much sucked it up with the rest of the team today. Wasn't like he was covering all pro receivers on the other team. They were a bunch of no names other than Santonio Holmes

Edited by milfster1

He looked like he was saying "why are these guys so much bigger and faster than the college players?"

You mean like Julio Jones, Greg Childs, Joe Adams, AJ Green, Denarius Moore, Jacoby Ford and others? These are just the guys in the NFL right now I KNOW South Carolina played in the last 3 years. Gilmore didn't have a great game, but Wannstedt called a TERRIBLE game.

I've been saying this since we drafted him......overrated!! The combine is what boosted his stock and you are not suppose to base to much off the combine. He was a mid second round pick. I wanted kirpatrick who played on the best college D in the country.

However, it is early. So hopefully he just needed to get his feet wet. And yes, the DC was horrible today!!

I guess all these so called experts should really wait to see how someone reacts in a real game before labeling him an impact rookie. Very disappointed with him as well as the rest of the defense.

He may turn out to be great in the long run, but for some much hype from the coaches, players and media he pretty much sucked it up with the rest of the team today. Wasn't like he was covering all pro receivers on the other team. They were a bunch of no names other than Santonio Holmes

Agreed. I say we trade him for a 4th round pick.

You mean like Julio Jones, Greg Childs, Joe Adams, AJ Green, Denarius Moore, Jacoby Ford and others? These are just the guys in the NFL right now I KNOW South Carolina played in the last 3 years. Gilmore didn't have a great game, but Wannstedt called a TERRIBLE game.

I didnt think Wannstedt called a bad game..I didnt realize he called any thing in the game..It was more like okay guys lineup and breathe....Its like he just gave birth to the defense and didnt cut the umbilical cord yet...Very shaky at best

Hill unfortunately could be the real deal. I was afraid of that and wanted to draft him. You can't coach that kind of size and speed, much less effectively defend it. And Holmes is a big time NFL with all the tricks. During his first game on a day when the line was getting no pressue and the O kept turning over the ball, you can't damn him

Another thing...Since 1999 the Bills have drafted 5 DBs in the first round.....LOL...Can we please stop.....You would figure you might draft more than one (WInfield) that can cover...Just on sheer luck alone...NOT

Edited by Stenbar