Kellen Heard to the Rams

Nostradumbass

We knew in July that whatever D-linemen and O-Lineman were cut by the Bills in September to get down to 53 were going to be claimed.

Its September and Asper and Heard (who I liked more than most. He showed some thangs) both were claimed.

The prophecy fulfilled.

The Bills have talent on the O and D line now.

Nix and Whaley are building the team from the inside out.

Show me the baby!

We are a paying a price, however small, for keeping 4 QB's and 3 kickers

Or, are we seeing the ramifications of actually having talent on the roster? And what does it matter if we think of Smith as a 4th QB or a 6th WR. Most would have thought we were going to keep a 6th WR anyway. And, with Potter, his touch backs, guaranteed, will save this team from at least one injury and likely more than one. So you could make the argument that Potter is actually a roster asset because his kicking abilities mean we may not have to shuffle the mid-season roster as much due to injury.

I thought Kellen Heard flashed some ability last year as a space eating nose tackle when he got his shots. But, the Bills are now running the Miami 4-3 defense, and space eaters like Heard and Dwan Edwards are just systemic casualties of the switch. Good players caught in the wrong, new system.

I don't know if I would put Heard and Edwards on the same level. Edwards has produced in the league for a long time. Heard is a bit more on the Spencer Johnson level for me - flashes ability now and then, doesn't distinguish himself enough to start. Both could help out on a 3-4 team though.

I don't know if I would put Heard and Edwards on the same level. Edwards has produced in the league for a long time. Heard is a bit more on the Spencer Johnson level for me - flashes ability now and then, doesn't distinguish himself enough to start. Both could help out on a 3-4 team though.

Well, further than ability, ones an 3/4end or 4/3 tackle and ones a straight nose tackle. I wouldn't say they are both space eaters in the same sense.

Not sure why you think I equated the two players. Edwards is not a NT and Heard isn't a 5 technique. Nonetheless, they are both better suited to a 3-4.

Not sure why you think I equated the two players. Edwards is not a NT and Heard isn't a 5 technique. Nonetheless, they are both better suited to a 3-4.

I think "both good players / space eaters" was what made me infer that. Either way, no big deal. I think your last point is spot-on, but that D. Edwards is more likely to contribute to a playoff team this season.

I think "both good players / space eaters" was what made me infer that. Either way, no big deal. I think your last point is spot-on, but that D. Edwards is more likely to contribute to a playoff team this season.

I think I see. I didn't mean "space eater" in the sense that one has to be a massive human being lined up at NT. (In fact just being huge doesn't mean a guy is really a good nose, IMHO. Jasper was huge but got mauled.) It is no revelation to me that Dwan did not play NT. I meant it in terms of the role they (should have) played in a 3-4 defense, which is to clog things up and occupy blockers so that the LB corps can make plays. (I don't think of either of them as cat quick guys that roam sideline to sideline chasing down plays.) Still, it never really worked that way under the George Edwards "3-4" here either.