Inside the 20

I was kind of surprised at all the Moorman hate, last season all the way through this preseason.

However I am not surprised that I haven't heard anything like that lately. He has been nothing short of terrific this offseason. Perhaps his new "aussie" punting style for inside the 20 has re-ignited his career.

I haven't looked at any stats, but just watching him play it seems like virtually all of his punts are ending up inside the 20, most inside the 10, and regularly at or inside the 5. Has he had any touchbacks this preseason?

Not that we want to have to rely on our punter as much as we have his entire career, but Moorman still looks like a top 10 or even top 5 punter to me.

That certainly is a difference from the past few years. It seemed like almost all of his opportunities to pin the opposition deep in their own territory have gone into the end zone and come back out to the twenty.

That certainly is a difference from the past few years. It seemed like almost all of his opportunities to pin the opposition deep in their own territory have gone into the end zone and come back out to the twenty.

I was thinking that he was near the end because he couldn't control distance and direction any longer. I am very happy to have been wrong. :thumbsup:

The field position formula is looking good. It actually worked well against the Steelers for all but 2 plays. Spiller's fumble and the 3rd and 9, max protect completion from the 2.