Who makes the cut on the D-line?

Which D-line players will make it?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which players will make the 53 man roster?

• Carrington
    • Moore
    • Heard
    • Edwards
    • Eddins
    • Johnson
    • Troup
    • Gilbert

I don't see any way at all Troupe could be kept, or Johnson or Edwards cut, unless it's a salary-based decision (which I really doubt). The others are a bit trickier. Heard got hurt in TC, but came back and played through the pain and did well from what I've read.

A nice addition to this thread would be to list the PS-eligibility: only Eddins and Gilbert, right? Given how tight the roster is and what's been said recently I'd think one of these guys lands on our Practice Squad.

fwiw I have been impressed with Heard. Thought he played very well last year and would like to see him get a shot. Unfortunately I think that means carrington (whom I also like) is gone. Moore at this point seems to be a lock and I would be shocked if Johnson or Edwards were cut.

OK, IMHO FWIW:

Carrington - I really liked this kid, but he's not shown anything in camp or either game against the 2's & 3's that warrants a spot on a tight roster.

Moore - I hear a ton of praise and how he was making some really great plays while filling for Merrimen and Kelsay when they were out in TC.

Heard - With his play last year and the heart and toughness he's showed as of late, it'll be hard not to keep him.

Edwards - was, is and always will be a 3-4 DE. The fact that I haven't heard much of his name, at all, while up against the 2's & 3's makes me think he hasn't made a successfull transition to a 4-3 DT.

Eddins - Plays hard, tremendous motor, I don't think it's enough, especially @ DE with Moore and Gilbert ahead of him and 3 guys set in stone as well (MW, MA & CK)

Johnson - Back to his natural position, at which he's been highly successfull rotating in.

Troupe - Cut bait...though injuries contributed to the slow development, only so many chances can be given to a kid to show up.

Gilbert - Tough call. I thinks it's he and Moore Gailey was talking about when they released Merrimen in favor of "a couple young guys."

So, the real question is, how many DL do they keep? Most 43 teams keep 8, sometimes 9. In our case, it's looking like 9. So, part 2 of the question, do you keep 5 DE's or 5 DT's?

I think they keep 5 DE's based on the reasoning above:

DT - Williams, Dareus, Johnson & Heard

DE - Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, Moore & Gilbert