Movie/music Recomendation: "Searching For Sugar Man" Rodriguez

Buftex

Just went to see the documentary "Searching For Sugar Man" about "cult" music icon Sixto Rodriguez...all I can say is "WOW". I have been a big fan of his music since I first heard it, about 5 years ago...his two albums were made in the early 70's..."Cold Fact" ranks in my top 20 albums of all time...if you like Dylan, or Donovan, his stuff is sure to appeal... and his lyrics are as topical as if they had been written in 2012.

Loving the music, I was blown away even more by this documentary...I don't want to say too much about it, but just know it is getting universally great reviews...limited number of places it is playing, but keep your eyes peeled. I don't want to say too much, cuz, if you are not familiar with him, you will find the movie even that much more intriguing... all I will say, he was a folk singer from Detroit, who was never recognized, or made a penny anywhere, but became a musical legend in South Africa....for me, music is the most powerful thing there is....this movie shows it...

Do yourself a favor, just load this, and listen to the whole album why you are perusing the wall...great stuff.