My drafting dilemma

Bills!Win!

All of my leagues have At least 12 teams. Let's say that I have the number 9 pick.

Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Rice, McCoy, C. Johnson(titans)Foster, C. Johnson jr are all off the board. These are probably the top 9 fantasy stars to be picked first.

Most people would pick Stafford or Newton at pick 9 but I'm not high on them this year, especially not in the first round.

Some people also pick - MJD. But he plays on a team that's not very exciting an plus he is having contract problems, Ryan Matthews recently got injured, and A.P is coming off a bad injury so none of these players are worth it to me.

As far as WR goes, I wouldn't want Fitzgerald on my team because of the horrible QB situation in Arizona. Andre Johnson is a streaky player, and is injury prone, and Wes Welker seems kind of risky this year, so there's no enticing first round picks there.

Lastly, the two dominant Tight Ends - Gronkowski, and Graham are coming off record setting years at their positions, yet I dont want to pick either of them in the first round due to the TE position being very deep, as well as it being fit for only 1 starting player on your roster.

So my question is, who should I pick if I get one of the 9-12 picks? Is there someone else I haven't mentioned that's worth it? If not, someone should convince me o one of the players I mentioned above. Plus I'm sure someone else has this problem as well. Thanks!

Edited by Bills!Win!

I was thinking about this too before I just drew the 4th pick in my league; so fortunately I don't have to deal with it. But I would probably take a chance on McFadden there. "But he's always hurt". Yah well, as you pointed out everyone has warts on them at that point so you're taking a chance on someone with some question marks no matter who it is. In that case I think the lesser of two evils is gambling with a guy who has lots of upside if he does actually stay healthy & could end up being the #1 back. Keep an eye on Mathews' injury too - he might be sliding down boards a little too far given that he was the clear #4 or 5 RB last week (at least imo). MJD & Forte would probably be the conventional picks, and maybe a bit safer. I'm with you on not wanting Stafford/Newton/TE that early though; it's a crappy spot this yr, that's for sure.

Foster, Rice, Mccoy have gone 1-3 in majority of my drafts already. After that 4th and 5th spot Rodgers and Johnson go. 6-8th is Chris Johnson, Brees, Brady. As you mentioned 9-12 is a toss up. However MJD is not going to hold out into the regular season IMO at least. McFadden, MJD, Fitz, Forte are all solid picks in this spot. Check out this draft I just completed from a yahoo public money league. Pretty Epic...

1. (4) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB) 2. (17) Darren McFadden (Oak - RB) 3. (24) DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB) 4. (37) Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR) 5. (44) Steven Jackson (StL - RB) 6. (57) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR) 7. (64) Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR) 8. (77) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB) 9. (84) Pierre Garcon (Was - WR) 10. (97) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB) 11. (104) Stevan Ridley (NE - RB) 12. (117) Lance Moore (NO - WR) 13. (124) Jacob Tamme (Den - TE) 14. (137) Buffalo (Buf -

DEF) 15. (144) Garrett Hartley (NO - K)

I actually had a draft picking 9th a week ago. Calvin Johnson FELL straight to me, so it was an easy choice.

1. (9) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) 2. (12) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) 3. (29) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) 4. (32) DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB) 5. (49) Ryan Mathews (SD - RB) 6. (52) Miles Austin (Dal - WR) 7. (69) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE) 8. (72) Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR) 9. (89) Isaac Redman (Pit - RB) 10. (92) Philip Rivers (SD - QB) 11. (109) Greg Little (Cle - WR) 12. (112) C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB) 13. (129) Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) 14. (132) Dan Bailey (Dal - K) 15. (149) Buffalo (Buf - DEF)

Edited by Awwufelloff

That's a $ league? Wow i really need to join one or five of those.

Yes strangely. I feel like I did fairly well. I kept mark of who drafted who where to build my depth. Also, took advantage of everyone being extremely worried of Petersons and Matthews injuries. Is why I enjoy drafting early, take advantage of everyone being so scared to draft players with injuries.

Edited by Awwufelloff

I wouldn't mind picking MJD, Fitzgerald, or Forte, it's just that those 3 players specifically give me a weak stomach because I had all of those players In different years when they all had their WORST statistical year.

So is McFadden the pick at no. 9? That's the way im leading. The only thing with McFadden is he is literally the only go to guy on the offense. I'm sure the raiders have a few young, quick receivers, but im worried that defenses would focus on shutting down McFadden. I'll consider picking him

I wouldn't mind picking MJD, Fitzgerald, or Forte, it's just that those 3 players specifically give me a weak stomach because I had all of those players In different years when they all had their WORST statistical year.

So is McFadden the pick at no. 9? That's the way im leading. The only thing with McFadden is he is literally the only go to guy on the offense. I'm sure the raiders have a few young, quick receivers, but im worried that defenses would focus on shutting down McFadden. I'll consider picking him

I agree, you can almost guarentee McFadden getting hurt at some point throughout the year. If MJD was not holding out, that would be an easy choice at 9. With Forte I am worried about splitting carries with Bush, especially goal line carries. WR depth is very deep this year so Fitz at 9 is a bit of a reach. (Especially with the quality of QB throwing to him) IMO MJD(Barring holding out), McFadden, Forte, Fitz in that order....

Edited by Awwufelloff

IMO i would be going Stafford, i mean seriously the guys is a bona fide gun, blue chipper. Look at his recievers Johnson, Young and Pettigrew and they dont have a running back with Best concussed numerous times. The guy is defiantly going to throw a lot and will pick up a fair few yards while he is at.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.