Rochester D&C website is no longer accessible to non-subs

Damian

I'd feel a lot worse about this if the days of getting useful sports info out of local papers hadn't long since passed.

Ever since press conference videos and transcripts became available, I've been shocked to realize how few reporters do anything but go to those conferences and cobble together a few quotes to make a story. Since I've already seen all the quotes at source, I almost never get anything out of the local guys any more.

There are exceptions - I think Tim Graham will actually go talk to someone different sometimes, and our own AP meister John W. often does some legwork. But the exceptions are too few to tempt me to subscribe to a paper, plus John's stuff is readily available anyway, being AP.

And as for commentary, I get more insight from The Stadium Wall - from the actually knowledgeable football guys here who watch something more than just the ball - than I do from any columnist. I'll take Simon or Bill from NYC or Kelly the Dog or a number of others over any columnist going. They might not always be right. But they are always interesting and original.

Agreed and well said!!! They will soon learn.....that a whole bunch of us said C-YA!!!

And we'll go get the same 'news' somewhere else for free. Seems like an arcane vs progressive business model.

Good luck with that D&C!

:bag:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it is or isn't a financial hardship has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is that the value does not merit the price.

I'll give you buckets of my sh*t for a dollar. Is that worth the price to you?

Well, I still don't understand the fuss. If the product's value isn't worth the price, don't buy the product. I never found the D&C Bills coverage that compelling. So I won't buy it, and I won't miss it. As for your "buckets of sh*t" ... you know your product better than I do, so I'll accept your description.

Bottom line for me is that IMO, the D & C is a rag.

Now the News is also a rag but Gaughan and Graham do a pretty good job. To echo notwoz, the value doesn't exist with the D & C but it does with the News, IMO.

I wonder when the News is changing policy and what their cost is gonna be.

BTW, this thread has been very enlightening and I'm gonna explore the various "strategies" mentioned to maximize my value as a consumer. I'm not proud to say that I used to climb the pole to hook up the cable illegally back in the day.

Like ESPN insider :thumbdown: .... All you have to do is search the internet to find the same info for FREE!!

ummmmm I'm reading a Bills article now, linked from TDB.

from Sal

There was certainly no reason to panic following Buffalo’s undeniably poor performance in last week’s preseason opener against Washington.

Wince, maybe, but not panic......................

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever