The PUP list will be a Facor in Detemining the Final 53...

Dr. Trooth

... And based on all the reports (the same ones you see and hear), to me anyway, it seems like McGee and Troup are almost stone cold locks to be there at the beginning of the season. Another one I'm having suspicions about is Pears. But, he seems to be closer to being ready for prime time than the other two.

Bottom line... you guys mapping out the final 53 before it's a done deal might want to consider.

Are there any other PUPsters you see?

"Yup, if they're not already on PUP I'm pretty sure you can't now put them there."

My bad. I believe you to be correct. Initially I thought they could be put on the PUP at any time during the preseason, and as long as they finish the preaseason on the PUP list they can be placed on the reg season PUP list. But now, as I understand it, if they practice at all during the preaseason, they can't be put on the preaseson PUP, and thus not eligible for the reg season pup.

Bad news for both Troup and McGee. Conceivably, one of them could be place on IR because if the player union approves the new rule, allowing one player on each team to be placed on IR and eligible to come off in 8 weeks. But, even if the players approve it, I can't see the Bills wasting it on either of these two, who have been perpetually injured.

In McGee's case, I really think he's done. If the Bills don't put him on IR, which guarantees him his salary. Because McGee is a class act and has been a good player when healthy, the Bills may carry him on the 53 til after week 3, then cut him... which guarantees his salary for the season. At least that's what I think the rules allow.