CUTS - a few thoughts....

Booger

The Lindell situation is very interesting...He has been shaky as of late, and that shank on thursday certainly didn't help him lol. We were put in a lot of bad situations last season, because of his inability to kick the ball in the endzone. Potter has a hell of a leg, and if he can do the same in the next 3 games, I don't see why he wouldn't make the team. It would certainly make sense. Moorman is gonna have a hell of a season too it seems!! Go Bills!!

I wouldn't mind a 2 year plan with Potter. Let him do kickoffs this year but work with him to improve his FG kicking. And next year we make a choice to stick with Lindell or go with Potter. We give up a roster spot for an extra kicker just for one year. Lindell is only getting older and Potter might have enough upside to be our guy in the future.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the LBs, Sheppard is running with the ones. There's 0 chance he gets cut, and more likely, he starts at MLB on Sept. 9. As for Bradham, he's been getting some reps now and then with the ones as well, based on camp reports. I dont think he's going anywhere. Carder is probably more likely for the PS tnan Bradham.

Remember too, lots of playing time in preseason games isnt always a positive. It can mean the coaches want a long look, to see if you're worth a spot.

I wouldn't mind a 2 year plan with Potter. Let him do kickoffs this year but work with him to improve his FG kicking. And next year we make a choice to stick with Lindell or go with Potter. We give up a roster spot for an extra kicker just for one year. Lindell is only getting older and Potter might have enough upside to be our guy in the future.

I agree completely and believe that'll becomes the plan very quickly, especailly if Lindell founders at all this season. (After all, Lindell missed a 22 yard chip shot that could have been the Bills margin of victory in Buffalo's loss to the Redskins last week - meanwhile, Potter has been been hitting 50+ yd FGs in practice while knocking every kickoff out of the endzone.)

BTW, the same probably goes for Brad Smith - if Smith doesn't get cut this year, I still see the Bills grooming Josh Nesbitt to take over the "wildcat" role net season...