Rate My Team

Dante

Have to keep in mind that this is a 14 team league. No flex and it's a ppr. Also, in our league you get a keeper from the previous season. Anyone still on your roster at the end of the season you drafted after the 6th round you can keep. Only one though. But this did thin the talent some. TE Grahm, Qb's Cutler, Stafford were off the board. For me, I ended up keeping the SD defense that's how bad my choices were. Qutie a let down from last year when I was able to keep Arian Foster. Anyway I picked 8th and the draft didn't go anywhere near how I had planned or hoped. I thought for sure I was going to get a shot at one of the big 3 qbs (Brees, Rogers or Brady). Didn't work out that way. So even as lean as the rbs are I ended up taking receivers with first two picks

1) Fitzgerald

2) Roddy White

3) Fred Jackson

4) Tony Romo

5) Roy Helu

6) Donald Brown

7) Torrey Smith

8) Andy Dalton

9) Kyle Rudolph TE Minn

10)Dan Bailey K Dallas

11)Bills D

12) Scott Chandler

Then we can have 2 X players we draft at the end. They can be any position. So I took Kevin Smith and Rashad Jennings.

Edited by Dante

Pretty hard to say without knowing who was kept and who was available when. I like White fine in general but if Freddy was available in the late 3rd (which is hard to believe unless it was reverse snake?) I'm assuming there were some good RB options available in the 2nd. So I likely would've gone somebody like a Steven Jackson 2nd and then come back with something like one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Steelers WR's in the 4th if any of them were available (WR is crazy deep this year) and then pick up a Rivers or Ryan for QB later.

In any case your 1-2 at WR is obviously great for a 14 team league and I think Romo will be fine. With Jhavid Best out for a while you should be able to platoon a decent RB2 with Kevin Smith & Donald Brown. You obviously need Freddy to stay healthy.

Pretty hard to say without knowing who was kept and who was available when. I like White fine in general but if Freddy was available in the late 3rd (which is hard to believe unless it was reverse snake?) I'm assuming there were some good RB options available in the 2nd. So I likely would've gone somebody like a Steven Jackson 2nd and then come back with something like one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Steelers WR's in the 4th if any of them were available (WR is crazy deep this year) and then pick up a Rivers or Ryan for QB later.

In any case your 1-2 at WR is obviously great for a 14 team league and I think Romo will be fine. With Jhavid Best out for a while you should be able to platoon a decent RB2 with Kevin Smith & Donald Brown. You obviously need Freddy to stay healthy.

I couldn't resist Roddy in the 2nd round. I'm hoping I can pick up an emerging rb along the line. Big pressure on Jackson to stay healthy that's for sure and I'm kinda counting on Brown to have a good season.

I do not like the Helu pick in the 5th at all, definitely a reach. Royster looks to start, Helu looks injured. I also do not like the Dalton pick. Could of taken some sleepers such as Kendall Wright or Titus Young at WR. Maybe CJ to back up Freddy? Definitely need some more depth at RB, maybe put a trade together or something to get a solid rb2?

I do not like the Helu pick in the 5th at all, definitely a reach. Royster looks to start, Helu looks injured. I also do not like the Dalton pick. Could of taken some sleepers such as Kendall Wright or Titus Young at WR. Maybe CJ to back up Freddy? Definitely need some more depth at RB, maybe put a trade together or something to get a solid rb2?

Helu wasn't looking to bad when we drafted. That was a few weeks ago. The pickings were very slim Assufelloff .Not looking good now. Royster is gone now so I can't get him. One guy who's stock is rising is Kevin Smith. Not great but it's starting to look like he's the starter in Detroit. Also hoping for adequate numbers from Donald Brown. I know my rb's are thin. When I was drafting I just couldn't bring myself to draft CJ2K in the first round. I got so burned on him last season. The next best player on the board was Fitz.. So, im pretty loaded at the receiver spot. I'm hoping that can make up for rb deficiencies until some one emerges that I can pick up as the season moves along. I think Freddie will be good as well which should help.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.