New stadium vs. Existing Stadium

I always thought the outer harbor would be a great location. There is a ton of land and it would spur additional development. Any new stadium would need a roof - retractable or not. It is ludicrous that RWS really only gets used 9 times a year. A new building would have to be able to accomodate conventions, concerts etc...

Doesn't it just seem to make so much sense??? The waterfront has seen some small business development and a nice new look but a move like this I think would solve the problem of the waterfront. A roof would almost be a must anywhere so the added weather implications aren't an excuse. And it's seven minutes from my house

If the Bills were ever to get a new stadium (or, better yet, when they upgrade The Ralph) here are the few things I think we could use...

- Bigger concourses; obviously this one is an issue and a big reason why they're trying to get funding for upgrades

- Better concessions: Do what most other sports entities are doing and bring in the local culture! The Bills should have partnership deals with Mighty Taco, Ted's, Jim's Steak Out, Anchor Bar and others. No reason to have only crappy hot dogs at games...

- Bathrooms: Less troughs and peeing in the sink, more urinals

- More clarity on seating: Unless you know how the seats are numbered (1 - 30), its difficult for a first timer to enter since you can get to, say, section 300 from both the right and the left; this is a minor thing, but simple enough to fix...

- Big screen on the tunnel side: 'Nuff said

- WiFi: In today's stat / fantasy crazy world, this would be big for fans

IMO we don't need a full-on new stadium, just a few upgrades and the Ralph could be even better (I won't say "one of the best" since it already is)!

Awesome take on it. I think the concessions wouldbbeba huge step unfortunately I don't think it would ever happen. There's probably a contract deal with the concessions company that is currently there now. At least I don't think they are RWS employees as muchas I think they a third party company. Would be amazing though.

Adding tobyhe concessions I would add some shops, maybe some kind of mini mall type of structure maybe in the back of the tunnel side end zone that has walkways and additional entrances to enter to stadium and the Club/Box levels on that end. Maybe added boxes similar to the ones on the Tunnel end to the scorboard side as well.

Add in some resturaunts and bars to the areas, similar to the 200 Mezzanine levels of HSBC that overlook the field.

And the last thing wouldn't be a done but maybe something similar to high end track and field stadiums like with the Olympics of the past and the Roman Collesiums that have retractable fabric awnings that cover let's just say half of the fan base. Would cut down on weather for fans and make it more appealing to the late winter months for ticket sales. When I see the seats in Decber it's always the high sides of the 300 levels that are empty. I'm sure people move but with awnings that covered all of the 300s and overlapped the 200s then it would leave the field and play in tact but would cover many spectators.

Love your ideas, just wanted to add a few more to the list. That would be my ultimate experience. Leave the lower levels in tact and Jack up the prices on some the ammenities that are added. Could even eliminate some of the boxes now for overlook areas in the scoreboard side end zone and on the corners and add some of those things. Add additional seating and boxes onto what's available in the tunnel side endzone.

Concessions, concourses, and bathrooms are way antiquated by any sports standards so those are obvious areas that need improvement.

I love the Ralph, or Rich Stadium as it will always be to me, but after going to the Bills/Giants game in NY this past season I can't see how a new stadium would be a bad thing, nostalgic arguments aside.

Besides the obvious improvements stated above and much better scoreboards and screens all over the place there is just so much else going on all around the stadium that makes the experience a bigger event than just the game. Once you go through the gates there are bands playing, games, shops, and all sorts of other things to see and do before you even get inside the actual structure. I realize this is just all fluff and the game is what really matters but in today's day and age of HD and superior home theater there needs to be something more to the game day experience to keep people coming, especially for the younger generation.

The game and the tailgating will always be the highlight, especially for us old timers, but anything sprinkled on top can only help add to the fun and help move the Bills towards the future NFL like the rest of the league. We can fight it all we want but evolve or die is the basic law of everything going forward.

Of course it's all about premium seating and PSL surcharge money like the Jersey teams ($$$$$$$$). Let the tax payers buy you a new stadium, then screw em on the other end too.

Concessions, concourses, and bathrooms are way antiquated by any sports standards so those are obvious areas that need improvement.

I love the Ralph, or Rich Stadium as it will always be to me, but after going to the Bills/Giants game in NY this past season I can't see how a new stadium would be a bad thing, nostalgic arguments aside.

Besides the obvious improvements stated above and much better scoreboards and screens all over the place there is just so much else going on all around the stadium that makes the experience a bigger event than just the game. Once you go through the gates there are bands playing, games, shops, and all sorts of other things to see and do before you even get inside the actual structure. I realize this is just all fluff and the game is what really matters but in today's day and age of HD and superior home theater there needs to be something more to the game day experience to keep people coming, especially for the younger generation.

The game and the tailgating will always be the highlight, especially for us old timers, but anything sprinkled on top can only help add to the fun and help move the Bills towards the future NFL like the rest of the league. We can fight it all we want but evolve or die is the basic law of everything going forward.

I think all that is what the improvements to the Ralph were supposed to cover, without building all new.

I think all that is what the improvements to the Ralph were supposed to cover, without building all new.

That would likely be more than enough for the time being.

However I don't see Ralph Wilson ever being the Fenway of the NFL so they will need a new stadium eventually.

I don't think we would even want it to be. Fenway is awesome for the first few minutes you walk in because of its history, and then you realize how crappy it really is. Same with the old Yankee stadium. Loved going there all the time when I lived in the city but the place really was a crap-hole. The new Yankee stadium is honestly the best sports arena I have ever visited and I have been to quite a few.

No doubt it would end up hitting us all in the pocket if the new stadium comes, taxes and/or gate, but it will have to eventually happen for the Bills to stay in Buffalo. At least IMHO.

I bet people love to invite you to parties.

He doesn't go to parties any more. Not since the last one where they only had one wide-screen TV and served nothing but generic potato chips and Coors Light in the basement of a house with only 1 1/2 baths and one door, in Hamburg, which was really inconvenient to get to...

He doesn't go to parties any more. Not since the last one where they only had one wide-screen TV and served nothing but generic potato chips and Coors Light in the basement of a house with only 1 1/2 baths and one door, in Hamburg, which was really inconvenient to get to...

You forgot to mention the whole time he was there he was yelling at the top of his lungs "THIS PLACE IS SUCH A F%#KING SAUSAGE FEST!!!!!"