The Rookie "Wall"

You know it's coming...

We hear about it every year from the coaches, don't we? Sometimes in TC, but often later in the season.

The dreaded point where production drops off due to the heightened expectations from both body and mind.

Questions to ponder:

Does this phenomenon affect one group/position more than another?

Do coaches plan for such a thing?

Have advancements in conditioning minimized this to any degree?

How does this affect this years Bills?

What say you, Bills Fans?

It is a long season for rooks… 17 weeks plus minicamps, OTAs, training camp, preseason games…

Some guys seem to handle it better than others. The other thing you hear all the time from vets is "I've really learned to take care of my body" which almost seems like code for "I don't party too much during the season."

I think some of the guys are hitting an early wall now that we're one week into training camp.

I'm expecting some strained hammies, etc.

You know it's coming...

We hear about it every year from the coaches, don't we? Sometimes in TC, but often later in the season.

The dreaded point where production drops off due to the heightened expectations from both body and mind.

Questions to ponder:

:unsure: Ok ... I had plenty of sleep last night, I had several cups of coffee plus some lunch time caffeine ... this post is meaningless.

You know it's coming...

Questions to ponder:

It doesn't happen as often now because Colleges are playing 12 games schedules. Glenn played in 14 and Gilmore played in 13 in the SEC. They'll be fine.