Quirky Farsi strikes again

I have learned from this site that the quirky Farsi language often leads to misinterpretation of Iran's leader. I didn't get it at first but I am beginning to understand.

Here is an example

I have learned Farsi and have marked up the following phrases with with true meanings so you can begin to learn as well.

In a speech published misinterpreted on his website Thursday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "the eminent and misunderstood" said the ultimate goal of world forces must be the annihilation of Israel delivery of sunshine and lollipops to all the peoples of the world.

Speaking to ambassadors from Islamic countries a bunch of really nice dudes ahead of 'Qods Day' ('Jerusalem Day') which is clearly not a made up holiday and obviously has no underlying harmful tone toward anyone, an annual Iranian anti-Zionist pro-freedom event established in 1979 the beginning of time by Ayatollah Khomeini God and which falls this year on August 17, Ahmadinejad said that a "horrible Zionist current nice jewish folks" had been managing world affairs trying their best for "about 400 years a while but that there were simply not enough lollipops being delivered and that he is reaching out in an effort to help. He was clear that he had no problem with the sunshine coming from the nice jewish folks and that he only wanted to offer his help with respect to the lollipop issue."

When you examine it you can really see how these minor disagreements tend to spiral out of control.

Lol @ sighting Jerusalem post as your unbiased source for interpretation. Netanyhau's mouthpiece to the illegal west bank settler.

What's next, protocols of Zion as the defining work on Jewish intent? 2x lol

Hey dude I'm with you on this one. It is the J Post's misinterpretation that makes them run quotes like this:

"They are the decision makers, to the extent that the presidential election hopefuls [of the USA] must go and kiss the feet of the Zionists to ensure their election victory,

when the correct interpretation is:

I sure hope our soccer team does well in the olympics.

I mean those reporters should do their research and understand that "annihilation" really means "amicable dealings".

You have taught me a lot about how to watch out for poor Mahmoud being misunderstood. Thanks.

Hey dude I'm with you on this one. It is the J Post's misinterpretation that makes them run quotes like this:

when the correct interpretation is:

I mean those reporters should do their research and understand that "annihilation" really means "amicable dealings".

You have taught me a lot about how to watch out for poor Mahmoud being misunderstood. Thanks.

lol @ same source. And more irionic your chosen quote this time "They are the decision makers, to the extent that the presidential election hopefuls [of the USA] must go and kiss the feet of the Zionists to ensure their election victory," is essentially same thing a lot of critics outside of Iran and even in America are saying too. So we're supposed to attack Iran for (alledgedly) saying things people are no doubt saying in America? Holy crap shoot batgirl ... :doh:

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

lol @ same source. And more irionic your chosen quote this time "They are the decision makers, to the extent that the presidential election hopefuls [of the USA] must go and kiss the feet of the Zionists to ensure their election victory," is essentially same thing a lot of critics outside of Iran and even in America are saying too. So we're supposed to attack Iran for (alledgedly) saying things people are no doubt saying in America? Holy crap shoot batgirl ... :doh:

See just when I thought I was getting good at interpreting Farsi and all that talk about lollipops and stuff you go and confuse me.

Is the source bad because they interpret farsi poorly like I thought or are they bad because of who they are? If they are bad because of who they are and whatisname really said those things then is he wrong or right? You must think he's right because if someone in the US thinks it they must have thought it in english which is easy to understand unlike Farsi but you are tying it back to the original quote from the bad source who clearly are bad people but at least they're getting better at interpreting farsi in the last few days. But that would make it seem like you believe a bunch of "zionists" are controlling the US election which would sort of make you sound like a rambling paranoid racist but clearly that can't be it because of your clear thinking about farsi being a misunderstood language. I guess that isn't totally fair because after all you have held to the high standard of proof of "some critics in the US saying it".

I really don't know where to go here...I'm too confused.

See just when I thought I was getting good at interpreting Farsi and all that talk about lollipops and stuff you go and confuse me.

Is the source bad because they interpret farsi poorly like I thought or are they bad because of who they are? If they are bad because of who they are and whatisname really said those things then is he wrong or right? You must think he's right because if someone in the US thinks it they must have thought it in english which is easy to understand unlike Farsi but you are tying it back to the original quote from the bad source who clearly are bad people but at least they're getting better at interpreting farsi in the last few days. But that would make it seem like you believe a bunch of "zionists" are controlling the US election which would sort of make you sound like a rambling paranoid racist but clearly that can't be it because of your clear thinking about farsi being a misunderstood language. I guess that isn't totally fair because after all you have held to the high standard of proof of "some critics in the US saying it".

I really don't know where to go here...I'm too confused.

I can see from the body of your post you certainly are confused. Hard to make any sense of that illogical emotional mess. Even an English interpretor would struggle with that one lol.

But if you're looking for advice on where to "go" for Iran-US inflammatory speech in english, so it lacks the interpretation issue, how about this cheery little "bomb Iran" sing-along tune from at the time presidential nominee John McCain.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I can see from the body of your post you certainly are confused. Hard to make any sense of that illogical emotional mess. Even an English interpretor would struggle with that one lol.

But if you're looking for advice on where to "go" for Iran-US inflammatory speech in english, so it lacks the interpretation issue, how about this cheery little "bomb Iran" sing-along tune from at the time presidential nominee John McCain.

youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Clearly you are really smart at Farsi because you said so. My lollipop interpretation must have been off slightly. I am working on getting better at that stuff so cut me some slack. Maybe it will help if I go back to some of your initial pearls of wisdom from this thread.

The infamous "wipe them off the map" comment? For starters Farsi is a notoriously difficult language to translate. About the only thing clear is that it was in the context of Israel's decades of documented human rights violations. Many interpreted it to mean Israel is wiping it ownself off the metaphorical map of civilized nations. Either way it's propaganda, either outright lie or exaggeration.

From that I learned that that Mahmoud's speech was friendly and that he was trying to help Israel before they hurt themselves. That is nice of him because I'm sure he wouldn't want Israel to have an oopsie and wipe itself off the map.

Crazy and suicidal yet home to one of the world's oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC? Geesh if theyre so incompetent they can't kill themselves in 6000 years of trying why are we bothering with them at all?

I thought DC Tom was really mean for pointing out that this was not at all accurate. Maybe he should have written it in Farsi so you would not have been so offended. I don't blame you for never responding because Tom would have probably just added more facts and made you feel bad again.

I know faux news does a good job filtering information that gets inside the 4 walls of your trailor, so you need to step outside the park and look at other and more recent sources, that is if you're truly interested in having a balanced and informed view on anything

Like this excerpt from today's Reuters news:

"I can't say it with certainty but if everything proceeds normally then there should be further negotiations," Iranian foreign minister Ali Akbar Salehi told Austria's Der Standard.

"A breakdown (in talks) is in nobody's interests. The gaps can only be closed through talking."

Salehi said, however, that Iran's right to uranium enrichment had to be recognized from the outset. "It's a matter of principle," he said.

--------

http://mobile.reuter...120730?irpc=932

Sounds pretty encouraging and reasonable to me. Sees the value in talks provided the west respects their right to nuclear energy use.

See here is where I get a little confused. I know Farsi is hard to understand so might have really been the Iranian guy saying: "Screw you guys, we'll just keep stringing you along." I mean they are enough loopholes in that statement to make me wonder. Then again it is Farsi and you're the expert.

And sorry about that "emotional mess" last post btw. With you switching back and forth between Farsi and English it gets confusing. What I'm wondering is if you think the "feet kissing" quote was really just a bad interpretation or if you think a bunch of jews control the US elections. At first I thought it was a language thing but then you posted weird stuff which made me think you agree about the feet kissing. Granted it was incoherent and non-specific but it still seemed that way. Just looking for some clarification.

If you haven't learned by now that Crayonz is an unapologetic neo-"conservative," then there is no hope for you.

I am not too political at all but I can definitely tell you I am not neo anything. I think ALL of the Matrix movies sucked.

I am not too political at all but I can definitely tell you I am not neo anything. I think ALL of the Matrix movies sucked.

Keanu Reeves sucked in all of them, but the first movie was pretty good.

Quick, name a movie he didn't suck in...

Constantine

But I'm pretty sure they wrote that part with him in mind, so it might not count.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Star Wars

The Godfather

Singing in the Rain

Also this

Edited by LeviF91