Band you've listened to most often

Metallica by far.

After that is tough to rank

Black Sabbath

Samshing Pumpkins

Pearl Jam

Sepultura

Led Zeppelin

Its funny, if they would have asked my favorite band, I wouldnt said Metallica. Theyd be on the shortlist along with several others, but with no clear winner. But the question was who do I listen to most over the years, and it wasnt even close. They have such an extensive library of powerful tracks, many with extended lengths of >7 mins, just do the trick like no one else. (posting this while listening to Unforgiven 3) :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNh-Yydlx1Y

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the course of my life, Simon and Garfunkel.

Over the course of my adult life, Queen.

Over the course of the last year, Warren Zevon.

Well for an older guy like me it'd be the Rolling Stones, whom I've seen live about a dozen times, with healthy doses of Steely Dan and Van Morrison thrown in.

But you will appreciate this - in 1979 (back when the earth was still cooling) I saw WZ at Bailey Hall, as the early phase of his career was just starting to peak. (His Excitable Boy album was still all over the airwaves, and he had just released Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School.)

I came into the ticket for free, from a housemate who opted instead to attend a guest lecture in government elsewhere on campus by - of all people - Jack Kemp. (Kemp ended up canceling at the last minute - meanwhile, I saw a great show.)

Have been a huge Zevon fan ever since. Saw him playing a solo act at the Paradise in Boston several years later, when his career had hit the skids and he was trying to come back after losing his band - and nearly his life - from overindulgence in various vices. Seeing him alone on stage, with no backup band - just an acoustic guitar or at the piano - was an amazing experience, as it allowed his remarkable musicianship and true genius to shine.

(These days, I find myself revisiting his later music and marveling at how he poignantly he faced death - even as he knew how soon it was coming.)

Edited by The Senator