Fitz vs. Vick

Fitz vs Vick  

108 members have voted

1. 1. If given the choice, would you take Vick over Fitz?

• Vick
    • Fitz
  2. 2. Is calling Fitz names like Fitzgarbage cool for a full grown man?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but no more annoying than calling him Fitzmagic

Vick is the superior player hands down. I like Fitz, think the team can do well with Fitz, but given the chance to start Vick over Fitz I would go with Vick every time. If it was a question of starting one or the other over a season than Vick's injury history comes into play but in terms of quarterbackiness it is Vick by a solid mile.

Vick has put up excellent numbers these last two seasons. He averaged 8.1 yards per attempt in 2010, and 7.8 yards per attempt in 2011. Fitz's numbers aren't at that level, and aren't close.

But can Vick maintain that level of production? Or will some combination of defenses and age catch up to him? He's going into his twelfth year (at least if you want to count years suspended as "years.")

If I was looking for a quarterback for the 2012 season only, it would probably be Vick. But if we're talking about a QB for the next five years, it'd have to be Fitz.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are all F'ing crazy!

If you took this poll outside of WNY and Greater Philly, it would probably be about 95% Vick 5% Fitz. The 5% for Fitz would come from those who absolutely abhor Vick for his dog fighting actions.

Love the hometown spirit and support of our horse, but this is really a no brainer (literally too, because Fitz is more intelligent) VICK ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

If you took this poll outside of WNY and Greater Philly, it would probably be about 95% Vick 5% Fitz. The 5% for Fitz would come from those who absolutely abhor Vick for his dog fighting actions.

Love the hometown spirit and support of our horse, but this is really a no brainer (literally too, because Fitz is more intelligent) VICK ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

That's pathetic. Pull your pants back on and keep your hands to the side.

That's pathetic. Pull your pants back on and keep your hands to the side.

Jim,

Good morning. Not trolling here. Let me put it another way. Let's go over to a Philly board and have the same poll. I would be impressed if Fitz got one vote.

This leads me to two conclusions, either Buffalo Fan's are far wiser than the rest of the league and all the "analysts", or we like anyone are victim to wanted our guy to be the best.

Jim,

Good morning. Not trolling here. Let me put it another way. Let's go over to a Philly board and have the same poll. I would be impressed if Fitz got one vote.

This leads me to two conclusions, either Buffalo Fan's are far wiser than the rest of the league and all the "analysts", or we like anyone are victim to wanted our guy to be the best.

Who beat who last year. All you need to know.

What's your point? The same would be true of any QB who hasn't achieved national prominence (or notoriety) outside his fanbase, eg if you asked nationally or in Philly "Schaub or Vick" you would likely get overwhelmingly "Vick" because more people have heard of him and because Philly folks are homers (ie fans of their team) just like we are. Statistically, Schaub is a far far better QB than Vick.(completion percentages of >65% with Houston and >95 QB rating and just for EA, averages 8 YPA)

Sorry, but "outside of WNY, everyone would pick Vick" doesn't seem like a compelling argument to me. It seems like another way of saying "Greater Philly folks are fans of the Iggles and prefer the Homeboy too" and "Nationally, people choose the more prominent player who gets more media buzz". It certainly doesn't mean everyone here is F'ing crazy.

You can construct an argument for Vick but it would need to be based on why you think the Bills, specifically, could win more with Vick, specifically.

This question is inspired by a debate in another thread. I say Fitz, but acknowledge Vick has slightly better numbers.

Hmm... Tough debate. Neither are that great. I don't think Vick or Fitz can take you to a championship. If I had to chose, sadly I'd Chose Vick, based on Record. Love the heart of Fitz though...

Let's see. Fitzpatrick has sucked his entire career and never statistically amounted to anything and has never been close to being a winner and has a noodle arm, versus a guy who has had some really good numbers, who has won in the past and even been in championship games, has a rocket arm, and is an immense talent that cannot be questioned.

• 1 month later...

This is a tough one. Vick has always been the most overrated QB alive. He's old, tiny and fragile. He has the best arm in the league but it is wasted on his tiny brain, which can't execute any playbook. How anyone would pick Philly in the SB (with equally overrated and brain dead Andy Reid still as HC) this year is nuts.

Vick struggled against the Browns yesterday. No way he beats the Jets yesterday. Since I see no change in outcome with Vick, I stay with Fitz.