ESPYS

Its been a few years since i caught the ESPYS but it was really great. The host Rob Riggle was really funny, his opening monologue was really fun. I thought they did a great job.

Scattered throughout were some really moving segments. First the whole story on Pat Summit, everyone in the room was crying their eyes out except her. Shes a strong woman, it was really amazing to see. Followed up later by the story of Eric Legrand. It really sucked seeing a kid who was in the prime of his life fighting as hard as he could just to do simple things that we take for granted. Im man enough to admit I was boohoo'ing through both segments. It really put into perspective how stupid we are when we b*tch about having a bad day.

There were alot of amazing plays. My only gripe was "play of the year", was a 3pt shot at the buzzer. I thought it was weak, obviously a cool play but nothing compared to the punt return from a college game, and most of the other plays. Overall, I was very impressed with it all!

Its been a few years since i caught the ESPYS but it was really great. The host Rob Riggle was really funny, his opening monologue was really fun. I thought they did a great job.

Scattered throughout were some really moving segments. First the whole story on Pat Summit, everyone in the room was crying their eyes out except her. Shes a strong woman, it was really amazing to see. Followed up later by the story of Eric Legrand. It really sucked seeing a kid who was in the prime of his life fighting as hard as he could just to do simple things that we take for granted. Im man enough to admit I was boohoo'ing through both segments. It really put into perspective how stupid we are when we b*tch about having a bad day.

There were alot of amazing plays. My only gripe was "play of the year", was a 3pt shot at the buzzer. I thought it was weak, obviously a cool play but nothing compared to the punt return from a college game, and most of the other plays. Overall, I was very impressed with it all!

They still do these? The ESPYS are about as meaningful as the AVN Awards.

If there's one thing I don't need to see, it's professional athletes and ESPN broadcasters patting themselves on the back.

:thumbsup: