Stericycle

Not really- I was focusing on something more important at work, and that detail slipped by. I usually let that go by, as I am not sitting around and doing nothing all the time........

Dude don't let them bother you. I once had a great idea for a Bills tailgate party on Europa and these guys relentlessly hammered me for forgetting the detail about us not being able to travel that far into space and transport beer yet. Turns out the big thing was that the Bills wren't even planning a game on Europa due to the fact it is in a different time zone and it would screw up the TV revenue.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude don't let them bother you. I once had a great idea for a Bills tailgate party on Europa and these guys relentlessly hammered me for forgetting the detail about us not being able to travel that far into space and transport beer yet. Turns out the big thing was that the Bills wren't even planning a game on Europa due to the fact it is in a different time zone and it would screw up the TV revenue.

Well, it is a bit cold under all that ice!

Yes it is diffuclt to believe that his resignation was finalized 3 years later.

Why do you believe that? There are extremely complicated ownership agreements with the type of investments Bain made in those companies (and that its employees made alongside Bain).

It's cool that you've over-simplified the matter but unfortunately, given the nuances of the world at large, it's not very pragmatic.

Nothing that you've said in your 5 sentence glee club pamphlet for Romney addresses the issues that I (and many others) have with his lack of leadership, lack of constitution, lack of consistency.

Well, you've made up your mind then. Please stop asking for people to give you reasons to vote for Romney. You're just going to argue with them, because people aren't going to say to you "Mitt Romney should be President because he hasn't changed his mind in 50 years!" People are voting for Mitt Romney for pretty much one of three reasons. 1- He's a Republican. 2- He's not President Obama. and / or 3- He has demonstrated competence at many different levels of private and public entities as an executive. Almost everything he's ever done he's been good at. If you've got a problem with him for being a 'politician', then none of those things are going to sway you. And that's OK. Just stop pretending your mind can be changed.

Edit: Maybe this part was unfair. You weren't asking to have your mind changed, you were replying to my assertion that it was illogical to want to vote for Obama. Fair enough. Sorry about that. (I still think that what you've offered as a reason to NOT vote for Romney is extremely thin, but, I must admit is a reason)

I have a friend who opened up a successful janitorial services biz that began with two employees and is now a 30 employee operation that serves 4 states, 15+ counties, and now has contracts with the big quasi-government entities in NoVA. and he just made his first million in FY2010.

He's buying out a couple of local franchisees and SPs to keep the show going. He'll end up hiring another 30 employees in the next 15 months.

And he did that without a wealthy upbringing, hundreds of advisors thinking for him, an ivy league background, etc. ****, he had to actually work for his success. In fact, he did that with his $1400 tax return from 2007 and craigslist.

Plus, since the 11th grade, I haven't known Jerome to flip flop on a single meaningful political belief and he is consistent in what he says.

And he has a history of employing different races of people and having them work together towards a common purpose.

Since that's your criteria, maybe J-Dub should be president too?

Here you go again with comparing Bain Capital, the Olympics and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with a company that employes 30 people. This is no knock on your buddy, but comparing the two of them is as inane as (your earlier comparison) comparing a Peanut Farmer to Mitt Romney and saying (basically) "See businessmen are bad Presidents!"

Even so. How sad is it that your buddy Jerome has more executive experience than the guy who got elected President four years ago did?

Edit: Not to mention the fact that your buddy has never run a giant entity like the Olympics, nor has he been the governor of a state in this country... but, yeah: Mitt Romney's only qualification is that he ran one company that has 30 employees. So... Nice comparison, it's TOTALLY apt.

Plus, since the 11th grade, I haven't known Jerome to flip flop on a single meaningful political belief and he is consistent in what he says.

Not an argument in his favor. His entire world view was completely formed as a 16-17 year old, and nothing he's seen or done since then has changed his mind? Jesus. You think that's a good thing?

Edited by jjamie12