Animal Lovers Thread

It's not inconsistent to be carnivorous and be against animal cruelty.

Exactly...that's why I've taken an interest in kosher meats. One of the tenets of kosher preparation (that I didn't know until last year) is humane slaughter.

youtube.com/watch?v=EOAcRKZxjy4

If any dog lovers aren't openly weeping after this, I'm impressed.

No way in hell I'm watching that :cry:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly...that's why I've taken an interest in kosher meats. One of the tenets of kosher preparation (that I didn't know until last year) is humane slaughter.

Halal is also similar, the muslim version.

Heartbroken, disgusted, and infuriated today...

2 years ago, a Belfast city official came into a home, sat with the owners and watched their dogs play. After a nice chat, the official got up and took some measurements on one particular dog. He then arbitrarily decided that, based on his measurements, the dog in question (Lennox) was a pitbull which violated the city's BSL. He immediately confiscated the dog, ripping it out of a loving home and family.

During the ensuing 2 year legal battle to save his life, the city kept Lennox in a small, concrete pen with nothing but sawdust and his own feces covering the floor. (Pic attached below)

Last night, the city of Belfast murdered Lennox. Ending a long fight which never should have needed to take place. Last night a family lost a loved one to the local government.

Lennox never committed a crime. He never hurt anyone or any animal. He was killed simply due to fear and ignorance, and a few other irresponsible PEOPLE.

Breed Specific Legislation helps NO ONE. It does NO good.

My heart goes out to the family. RIP Good boy...

More info here: http://www.savelennox.co.uk/ (site has been very busy all day so it might be down when you click)

Also here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joan-k-smith/lennox-the-dog-belfast_b_1591800.html

Very sad day today. I dont know what I would do if someone tried to take my Gracie away. She's nothing but a big ball of love. :cry: :cry: :cry:

This part kills me, for those of us that have stayed with our dogs as they are put down, and know how important it is to be with them...

It is reported that even the family's request to see him one last time has been rejected (the Barnes have been barred from seeing Lennox -- or even knowing where he has been held -- since he was unexpectedly wrenched from their home in May of 2010)

post-6219-000814600 1342046599_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrDareustein

Heartbroken, disgusted, and infuriated today...

2 years ago, a Belfast city official came into a home, sat with the owners and watched their dogs play. After a nice chat, the official got up and took some measurements on one particular dog. He then arbitrarily decided that, based on his measurements, the dog in question (Lennox) was a pitbull which violated the city's BSL. He immediately confiscated the dog, ripping it out of a loving home and family.

During the ensuing 2 year legal battle to save his life, the city kept Lennox in a small, concrete pen with nothing but sawdust and his own feces covering the floor. (Pic attached below)

Last night, the city of Belfast murdered Lennox. Ending a long fight which never should have needed to take place. Last night a family lost a loved one to the local government.

Lennox never committed a crime. He never hurt anyone or any animal. He was killed simply due to fear and ignorance, and a few other irresponsible PEOPLE.

Breed Specific Legislation helps NO ONE. It does NO good.

My heart goes out to the family. RIP Good boy...

More info here: http://www.savelennox.co.uk/ (site has been very busy all day so it might be down when you click)

Also here: http://www.huffingto..._b_1591800.html

Very sad day today. I dont know what I would do if someone tried to take my Gracie away. She's nothing but a big ball of love. :cry: :cry: :cry:

This part kills me, for those of us that have stayed with our dogs as they are put down, and know how important it is to be with them...

When you start inviting the government into your daily life, these are the results you can expect. That story makes me ill at my very core.

Some GOOD NEWS on the BSL front today!!

http://www.ktiv.com/story/19013139/service-dog-can-stay-after-aurelia-ia-settles-with-owner

Service dog can stay after Aurelia, IA settles with owner

"Snickers" the dog can stay. That's thanks to a settlement reached by the city of Aurelia, Iowa, and the pitbull's owner.

Huge, happy news after a rough week. Congrats to Jim Sak and Snickers!! Big, big victory :thumbsup:

The little pup I'm helping raise/train has been fearful of heights...until today!

His 2nd ever leap from couch

Edited by ajzepp

The little pup I'm helping raise/train has been fearful of heights...until today!

youtube.com/watch?v=SJyeaxPgvEc

youtube.com/watch?v=hpB_mw6m_iY

It is always funny to me hwo dogs are scared of jumping until 1 day. Then they get it and you cannot keep them off anything!

youtube.com/watch?v=SJyeaxPgvEc

youtube.com/watch?v=hpB_mw6m_iY

I remember when our dog first jumped up on the couch. Usually that was the safe zone when she was chasing us but one day she jumped up there and bounced off the back of the coach. :lol:

I remember when our dog first jumped up on the couch. Usually that was the safe zone when she was chasing us but one day she jumped up there and bounced off the back of the coach. :lol:

Why was your he on your couch and what makes him so bouncy?