Will Shawne Merriman End the Season on I.R.?

74 would put us in the record books. Think we could do it?

Rounding to the nearest whole number, that's 4 sacks a game if we make it to the playoffs; 5 sacks a game if we don't.

Just 4 years ago KC only had 10. Wow i did not realize that.

4-5 sack avg a game would be huge. I know there is a stat somewhere about sacks and corelation to drives ending.

I think you get roughly on avg around 8 possesions a game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just 4 years ago KC only had 10. Wow i did not realize that.

4-5 sack avg a game would be huge. I know there is a stat somewhere about sacks and corelation to drives ending.

I think you get roughly on avg around 8 possesions a game.

So that means you only need to get sacks on half the teams drives. There's also the possibility of getting multiple sacks on a drive.

I would like our D to set a new NFL record for the most sacks in a season.

we would need to play the Redskins about 7.2 times or so and let Kelsay run wild again.

I would like NFL Qb's, offensive linemen, Rb's, receivers and also O- coordinators to take us seriously. For the next quite a few years. I love defense and am having a ball looking at what we are building.

and Merriman is looking quite good from all reports.

we would need to play the Redskins about 7.2 times or so and let Kelsay run wild again.

I would like NFL Qb's, offensive linemen, Rb's, receivers and also O- coordinators to take us seriously. For the next quite a few years. I love defense and am having a ball looking at what we are building.

and Merriman is looking quite good from all reports.

7.4 or 8 games. *pushes up glasses while putting graphing calculator away*

Merriman and the other Bills DEs will not get as many sacks as Bills fans think because..................Dareus and K Williams will get there first- bold prediction Bills DTs combine for 20+ sacks.

how do you see that playing out? What and why? Serious question on how you see it coming about?

I see about 15 sacks coming between Dareus and K Williams and another five coming from our second line DTs-

Dareus got 5.5 sacks while being 1. a rookie without much of a training camp 2. playing with extra weight to stuff the middle 3. playing NT and being double teamed pretty much every play- Playing with a full off-season and no requirement to weigh 330-340 I think we see a leaner, stronger, quicker Dareus playing in a more attacking defense and fully capable of 7-8 sacks

K Williams is going to play for the first time in years without the sensation of a ice pick being jammed into his foot- I think that occasional burst right by OGs is going to be more common this year

and Kyle also will get 7-8 sacks.

Not sure who the second line DTs will turn out to be but Carrington, Gilbert, and S Johnson have better than average athleticism and quickness for the position- Heard was looking more like a player in the last quarter of the season- have no idea what Dwan Edwards will bring to the table as a DT but the guys a professional who has played at a good level for a lot of years- Troup I think is a Dark Horse to make the team but will add to the competition - out of these six players only 2 or 3 will be on the team- this team is deep deep deep on the Dline and I fully expect whoever makes it to be able to get 2-3 sacks each.

This Bills defensive line is going to be right up there with the Giants Dline because not only will the starting 4 be hellacious but the rotation will be brutal- These guys are going to be able to go balls to the wall the whole game and if they get another team in a position where they have to pass then look out, 10 sack games are in play.

Edited by ....lybob

I see about 15 sacks coming between Dareus and K Williams and another five coming from our second line DTs-

Dareus got 5.5 sacks while being 1. a rookie without much of a training camp 2. playing with extra weight to stuff the middle 3. playing NT and being double teamed pretty much every play- Playing with a full off-season and no requirement to weigh 330-340 I think we see a leaner, stronger, quicker Dareus playing in a more attacking defense and fully capable of 7-8 sacks

K Williams is going to play for the first time in years without the sensation of a ice pick being jammed into his foot- I think that occasional burst right by OGs is going to be more common this year

and Kyle also will get 7-8 sacks.

Not sure who the second line DTs will turn out to be but Carrington, Gilbert, and S Johnson have better than average athleticism and quickness for the position- Heard was looking more like a player in the last quarter of the season- have no idea what Dwan Edwards will bring to the table as a DT but the guys a professional who has played at a good level for a lot of years- Troup I think is a Dark Horse to make the team but will add to the competition - out of these six players only 2 or 3 will be on the team- this team is deep deep deep on the Dline and I fully expect whoever makes it to be able to get 2-3 sacks each.

This Bills defensive line is going to be right up there with the Giants Dline because not only will the starting 4 be hellacious but the rotation will be brutal- These guys are going to be able to go balls to the wall the whole game and if they get another team in a position where they have to pass then look out, 10 sack games are in play.

i like your attitude. I like our chances hitting some big sack numbers from the interior line men too. But i think we will be fielding the whole package on defense this year. Let no one underestimate how good we will be against the run. This looks like we might have quite a year to look forward at with our up and coming Buffalo defense

Edited by 3rdand12

I'll be shocked if he plays 8 games. My guess is he breaks down again sometime early in the season and he ends up with an injury settlement. I hope I'm wrong, but this is what his history tells me.

If you go by history then the Bills will never be in the playoffs again. If the last 10 years tells you anything...

History changes, that's why they call it the present...it's a surprise. I am ready for a surprise this season.