Chris Kelsay

eball

Kelsay will be okay, just okay, in rotation, as others have said. My issues with Kelsay are the contract, playing OLB, an the big one: getting pushed around too much. There are simply too many plays where he gets ridden outside or pushed inside and never gets involved in the play. On passing downs, he is tied up with his block, not shedding it and getting after the QB, and on running plays, he gets pushed aside while the RB goes right by him. Now it isn't all the time, but it happens a lot more than it should for a guy with his contract. That is the problem.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anderson wasnt on the team kelsay probably would get over seven sacks simply because he will face single teams while the oline is focusing on williams, williams, dareus and merriman. but since anderson is on the team he will take passing down plays and limit rushing opportunities for kelsay

still, kelsay should have his best season overall for the same reason

Kelsay is a jack of all master of none. Not a sack machine. He is good creating pressure though. all those times he blew by the qb while the qb stepped up used to make me scream at him! But now if the qb is forced to step into up, he will be getting an unpleasant surprise.

Not only will Chris no longer be trying to play in space (LB) but he will also have one heck of a surrounding cast. Plays will just fall in his lap and he will have a great year. Those who mentioned it, he will have more opportunity to succeed than he ever has before with Wannstadt.

To borrow from DC Tom, "you're an idiot." The "effort and direction of the team this offseason" was immediately met with, "good -- now they can cut Kelsay." This post was started over a month ago to address the know-it-all fans who really know nothing. It was absolutely relevant then, and now.

But have fun with your little "Pollyanna" jokes simply because you can't stomach fans who actually enjoy following the team and aren't always looking to criticize.

I guess you can say, once a douche always a douche. :thumbsup:

The day you started this thead, there was no groundswell of support for this "cut Kelsay" movement you are now describing. You just made that up. And when everyone lost interest in your crusade after a few days, you bumped it after 5 weeks with a quote from the official mouthpiece of the team. Bizarre. Did the "cut Kelsay" secret cult come for Chris again in your dreams?

You have one accurate statement in this whole thread, and have highlighted it above. Your purpose was not to support Kelsay, but to attack other fans you feel shouldn't voice an opinion different from yours. Now your argument consists entirely of calling them "idiots" and "douches". Very compelling, convincing stuff.

Let's assume that's the best you've got (all evidence point to this conclusion)--you should take a break and come back when you can reason without all that stuff. If you can't, then just give our ball back and go back inside, grampa.

The day you started this thead, there was no groundswell of support for this "cut Kelsay" movement you are now describing. You just made that up. And when everyone lost interest in your crusade after a few days, you bumped it after 5 weeks with a quote from the official mouthpiece of the team. Bizarre. Did the "cut Kelsay" secret cult come for Chris again in your dreams?

You have one accurate statement in this whole thread, and have highlighted it above. Your purpose was not to support Kelsay, but to attack other fans you feel shouldn't voice an opinion different from yours. Now your argument consists entirely of calling them "idiots" and "douches". Very compelling, convincing stuff.

Let's assume that's the best you've got (all evidence point to this conclusion)--you should take a break and come back when you can reason without all that stuff. If you can't, then just give our ball back and go back inside, grampa.

You can stop stalking now...it's embarrassing. And FYI -- you're the last person from whom I'll take posting advice. I'm just fine with the content of my posts and my capacity for reason.

Good day.