USMNT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tie against the Canadians? Something has to be up here...they must have been tired or something, I dunno. Consistency is something that comes with time, though, and we're a long way from that point. Clearly they've shown flashes of the new culture with the MNT, so it's just going to take time before they can play well consistently.

Looking forward to the WC qualifiers coming up!

Lackluster performance. Boring game. Dullsville.

Particularly disappointed in the play of: Castillo, Donovan, Jermaine Jones

Someone in the comments section over at Ives said that Klinsi is working them too hard...I don't know if that's true or not, but might be one possible explanation for that stinker yesterday.

Someone in the comments section over at Ives said that Klinsi is working them too hard...I don't know if that's true or not, but might be one possible explanation for that stinker yesterday.

Whaaa. Convenient.

Get better now.

Soccer, soccer, soccer...

USA starts the WC2014 qualifying tonight vs. Antigua and Barbuda. If they don’t impress tonight against this Island nation with roughly the same population as a sold out Ralph Wilson Stadium, then Jürgy gots problems.

Edited by gringo starr

USA 3 A&B 1.

Overall grade for the US: D

Only three players impressed me tonight:

Hercules Gomez

Clarence Goodson

Carlos Bocanegra (even though he made his usual bonehead mistakes, he did get a goal and he played much better than expected after filling in at left back.)

This team is in for a rude awakening in Guatemala on Tuesday if they don't improve their attitude.

Hope Tores is ok.

I only saw part of the game, but what I saw was pretty sloppy.

Same here. For a US team where individually every player looked a tier or two above his counterpart, you'd think they would've absolutely destroyed them. Against that level of competition, I would hope the US could've put up at least 5 goals, not to mention record a clean sheet.

USA 3 A&B 1.

Overall grade for the US: D

Only three players impressed me tonight:

Hercules Gomez

Clarence Goodson

Carlos Bocanegra (even though he made his usual bonehead mistakes, he did get a goal and he played much better than expected after filling in at left back.)

This team is in for a rude awakening in Guatemala on Tuesday if they don't improve their attitude.

Hope Tores is ok.

You are correct, sir.

• 4 months later...

Another qualifier tonight. (On BeIN sports?????)

With USA, Guatemala & Jamaica all at 7 points, Group A is going to come down to the last game (Oct 16) no matter what happens tonight.

But a win tonight helps us to control our own destiny.

USMNT vs. Guatemala 6:30 espn2 Tuesday Oct 16.

This is a big one. A win or draw and they advance. A loss and things get iffy. This, in my opinion, is exactly the kind of game that will show what the USA is made of. Guatemala is a quality opponent and this game means a lot. In order to progress, the USA needs to show they can distinguish themselves from the rest of the 2nd tier CONCACAF nations. The conditions will be ideal in Kansas City tonight. There won't be any excuses. Pro-US crowd. Good field conditions. The Klinsmann honeymoon is over. I think the result of this game will be a good indicator of where this team really stands.

I didn't see the match, but looks like a favorable result for the good guys!

I heard Howard played like crap, though....

I didn't see the match, but looks like a favorable result for the good guys!

I heard Howard played like crap, though....

I would not say that Tim played poorly. He made

some very nice saves. The goal by Guatemala was due to a defensive lapse.

US offense was very good. The back line needs to improve