Jenkins for Leodis

stony

I have always been amazed at his potential, he seemed to be right where he should be, was rarely beaten badly, he just didn't play the ball right. I just find it hard to believe that with some intensive coaching he couldn't turn into a great player. That said, I'm just not sure who could be "that coach" for him to become the player he could be.

Leodis should "step it up" with this pass rush. We can worry about him after the season IMO if he still struggles.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, as a grey head, I can remember one other Bills CB who was worse, almost like McKelvin. James Williams, in the 80's was a specimen, could run like the wind, and couldn't play football at all. Leodis is much better, but the comparison of not making a play on the ball is identical. Anybody else out there remember this?

Unfortunately, I do remember JD Williams and am reminded of how bad he was every time I see highlights from that first Super Bowl loss to the Cowboys. He’s the guy Michael Irvin beats for those TDs. They show that replay over and over again; Irvin makes the catch on the sideline then turns up into the end zone while JD helplessly watches and then they show Aikman with 1 finger in the air. I think most of us also had 1 finger in the air at about the same time but doubt it was the same finger. Ugh, that guy was terrible!!! Much worse than McLovin. If a coach can teach him a little bit of ball skills, he won’t be half bad because he always seems to be right there but just doesn’t make the play. That Raiders rookie torched him last year when he was in good position to make a play. I wonder how much of ball skills can be taught and how much is just instincts.

I do remember Chris Watson as well but don’t really remember him playing CB all that much. I mostly remember him as the worst punt returner ever…or I should say worst “punt catcher” ever since that’s what Wade referred to him as. He averaged about 5 yards/return if I remember correctly.

No thanks. If they trade him for anything I hope it's a draft pick.

I am in the minority on this one, but I think Leodis could have a good year. He is a really good cover guy, he just needs to find the ball in the air. He could be one of the big beneficiaries of the improved pass rush.

Going to more zone coverage should benefit McKelvin as he will find it easier to track the ball. In the past he had shone glimpses of being a solid corner because of his closing speed. Lets hope this is his turn around year.

No thanks. If they trade him for anything I hope it's a draft pick.

I am in the minority on this one, but I think Leodis could have a good year. He is a really good cover guy, he just needs to find the ball in the air. He could be one of the big beneficiaries of the improved pass rush.

You are not in the minority. This year the DB's shouldn't need to spend 8 seconds in coverage or most of the game on the field back peddling. Last year the lack of pass rush made every QB the Bills played against look like a future HoFer.

I am uber-confident that McKelvin has a career year this year. In addition to this being the first year he will actually benefit from a pass rush, it's also his contract year. Recipe for success. Go Bills.

i don't think he was trying to drop the ball in the past...i don't see how a new contract will help his ball skills...it just seems like a you-got-em-or-you-don't kinda thing to me...

McKelvin has 5 INTs for his career. The difference of 3, when Jenkins has had a very good rush in front of him, does not sell me on him over McKelvin. I like Leodis. I think he is a good player and will have a good year and hopefully several more in a Bills uniform. Williams, Gilmore, McKelvin and Brooks are going to be pretty darn good in the Dime with Wilson and Byrd roaming behind them.

I agree I think McLovin has a good chance to have a good yr and he can take it to the house on Returns.

He just better not fumble any or he will be in The Chans doghouse.