IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED! Maddox to start

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

This is the news I have been waiting for. Gentlemen, we are now to the point where we have to worry about our own team rather than the Steelers. Let's do everything we can to make the Ralph on Sunday one HELL of a tough place to play. This is our 10th playoff game, 11th TBD!!! :doh:

PIT-BB-TB+RWS=PIT L!!!!!!!!!!!!

DING DING DING DING

I'd rather see them play Big Ben. Maddux is not a bad QB, by any means. There's no recent film, and a lot of those "second stringers" just might be playing their guts out for a variety of reasons-contracts, get noticed for next year, etc. Bettis is the one that gives me the most concern. Hard to control a game once the Bus gets into a rythm. Thankfully, he's dinged too.

Not to be Negative Nancy, but Buffalo still has to win on Sunday for all of these other wishes, plans and scenarios to play out. Pitt isn't forfeiting the game.

One more thing that should help a lot, is the fact that MM & Tom Clements know Maddox pretty well. They would probably give hints to Gray about how to defend best against him.

They probably know his weaknesses better than anyone in this league...

Just one more thing that might give us the edge...

Anyway, this will be one heck of day!

Later,

Pat

It's not so much about worrying about TMaddox, it's just the fact that in the NFL today, on any given sunday, any QB can offer a fantastic performance. Might as well know his strenghts & weaknesses, than him being a total unknown. And since MM & TC were, in part responsable for his great 2002 year, they should know what makes him going and what makes him falter...

Later,

Pat

I can't believe fans are worried about Tommy Freekin Maddox!  What about when we play Peyton or Brees?  The Bills are a dominating and experienced defense that can dictate games.

184755[/snapback]

They're not playing Manning or Brees, they're playing Maddox. Let's cross the Manning/Brees bridge when we get to it.

Beat Pittsburgh first...

Maddox will do fine. I think he has learned as much from Ben this year as He has taught. he can hit a passer in stride and although is less mobile, he has learned to either get rid of the ball, or take the sack. I haven't gone to look and se who the backup QB will be. I wonder if they brought St. Peirre up :doh:

I think you might want to worry about Duce. He did have 3 out of 4 100+ rushing games when he started with Pitt. The only reason he didn't get 4 is because he got dinged up in the 3rd. Don't forget about Haynes either.

Good luck.

Maddox will do fine.  I think he has learned as much from Ben this year as He has taught.  he can hit a passer in stride and although is less mobile, he has learned to either get rid of the ball, or take the sack.  I haven't gone to look and se who the backup QB will be.  I wonder if they brought St. Peirre up :doh:

I think you might want to worry about Duce.  He did have 3 out of 4 100+ rushing games when he started with Pitt.  The only reason he didn't get 4 is because he got dinged up in the 3rd.  Don't forget about Haynes either. 

Good luck.

184810[/snapback]

Our passing game would be the weakness you would want to exploit. With a rookie DB you may want to go to 3 wide sets rather than worry about the running game. We have shut pretty much everyone down this year running the ball.

Edit: And Tommy Maddox coming in = Jon Kitna.

I say play Maddox instead of Ben.

Maddox is rusty and has not played almost all season.

It would be better for us. Maddox wont be able to handle the Ralph.....especially on a gameday like that one.

TO MUCH PRESSURE TO HANDLE COMING BACK

Our passing game would be the weakness you would want to exploit. With a rookie DB you may want to go to 3 wide sets rather than worry about the running game. We have shut pretty much everyone down this year running the ball.

Edit: And Tommy Maddox coming in = Jon Kitna.

184931[/snapback]

You have done well shutting down other run D, but this is not the steelers. we impose our will against most D in the 2nd half. He NEVER give up on the run. We don't have to. If we punt it away. We leave it up to the D to stop the other team. Get the ball back and pound it some more. It should be a good game.

Maddox <> Kitna. He will be fine.

If Staley plays alot more than Bettis then I'd be worried. The Bus can't really bust any big runs outside. Sam and Pat must show up from the get go.

McGee must play like he has recently and like like earlier in the year when he was getting burned a lot.

I'd rather see them play Big Ben. Maddux is not a bad QB, by any means. There's no recent film, and a lot of those "second stringers" just might be playing their guts out for a variety of reasons-contracts, get noticed for next year, etc. Bettis is the one that gives me the most concern. Hard to control a game once the Bus gets into a rythm. Thankfully, he's dinged too.

Not to be Negative Nancy, but Buffalo still has to win on Sunday for all of these other wishes, plans and scenarios to play out. Pitt isn't forfeiting the game.

184749[/snapback]

Thank you someone with reason. I would have rather played Ben. Maddox will not rattle as easily under the blitz and crowd noise.

I really have a bad feeling about this game

Thank you someone with reason. I would have rather played Ben. Maddox will not rattle as easily under the blitz and crowd noise.

I really have a bad feeling about this game

185505[/snapback]

Been a while since anyone said I had any reason.