The picks that got away

Snapple

Exactly if they took Sanders or Carder in the 3rd no one would have thought either were a reach.

Great draft.

I was feeling pretty word after that Graham pick, it looked like a classic Bills reach but Day 3 was strong.

Aaron Corp as a camp arm is interesting. He was a 3rd string USC QB and has prototypical size.

He'll have a full chance to compete for the 3rd string QB spot.

Cousins has great size, his decision making is questionable, and it's hard to teach that. I'm ok that we missed him.

Actually, he'd won the starting job then broke his fibula and was replaced by Matt Barkley.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he'd won the starting job then broke his fibula and was replaced by Matt Barkley.

Actually we've covered that about 3 times in this short string so far.

We've all read the same scouting reports.

Yeah, it's a concern.

But this guy had the same problem early in his career and learned to overcome it...

Now list all of the players who fumbled a lot in college who never made it. That would cover hundreds of pages at this site. It may not happen in this case, but to gamble in the 3rd round when they were desperate for a #2 WR, it seems like a bungling move to me. Guess we'll see.

Now list all of the players who fumbled a lot in college who never made it. That would cover hundreds of pages at this site. It may not happen in this case, but to gamble in the 3rd round when they were desperate for a #2 WR, it seems like a bungling move to me. Guess we'll see.

Just pretend that Zebrie Sanders was drafted in the 3rd and TJ graham was drafted on the 5 th.

Now the draft doesn't seem so bad.

We are desperate? :blink:

Sure doesn't seem like it.

Considering he fumbled ten times in the last two seasons against far less tough guys than he will be facing, I think he will never make it in the NFL.

I have only watched a few clips of this kid in action and one immediately correctable thing I saw was that he was not switching the ball to the side away from the pursuit. That is pop-warner coaching, and our coaches will straighten that out in a hurry.

The kid is raw, and folks have admitted as much, let's see what he does if he even makes it onto the field this year.

He is also someone who tries to cut upfield as fast as possible, but he is going to learn really quickly that he has to make sure that he secures the ball in traffic. Both Belicheat and Ryan have always had defenses that thrive on knocking the ball loose and creating turnovers.

I have only watched a few clips of this kid in action and one immediately correctable thing I saw was that he was not switching the ball to the side away from the pursuit. That is pop-warner coaching, and our coaches will straighten that out in a hurry.

The kid is raw, and folks have admitted as much, let's see what he does if he even makes it onto the field this year.

He is also someone who tries to cut upfield as fast as possible, but he is going to learn really quickly that he has to make sure that he secures the ball in traffic. Both Belicheat and Ryan have always had defenses that thrive on knocking the ball loose and creating turnovers.

By the time you make it to the NFL, good luck changing the way a player reacts after he has been doing it for 10 years. He will have less time than he had before to adjust and be hit by bigger and harder hitters. Unless the coaches have magic pills, I don't see this one working out.

I know for a fact it was Justin Bethel in the 6th. Don't know why they loved him so much, but they were devastated when he was scooped the pick before.

Probably because we got the guy that can jump out of a pool, the guy that can jump over a stick and now wanted the guy that can jump up some boxes on YouTube.

By the time you make it to the NFL, good luck changing the way a player reacts after he has been doing it for 10 years. He will have less time than he had before to adjust and be hit by bigger and harder hitters. Unless the coaches have magic pills, I don't see this one working out.

Wow.

He hasn't played a game in the NFL and already you're virtually writing off his career in spite of the fact that a highly-respected personnel guy like Buddy Nix deems him worthy of a 3rd round pick.

Seems to me that you're overstating your case.

Wow.

He hasn't played a game in the NFL and already you're virtually writing off his career in spite of the fact that a highly-respected personnel guy like Buddy Nix deems him worthy of a 3rd round pick.

Seems to me that you're overstating your case.

Simply saying that it is hard to break bad habits as you go up the ladder.

All of us here post our opinions and in the end they mean nothing, but if I had to make a wager I'd bet against.

Hopefully he becomes Jerry Rice.

Simply saying that it is hard to break bad habits as you go up the ladder.

All of us here post our opinions and in the end they mean nothing, but if I had to make a wager I'd bet against.

Hopefully he becomes Jerry Rice.

Poor comparison; he'd have to grow taller and slower. I hope he approaches Desean Jackson as a player.