need to trade all of our picks to get a qb

Because I am lazy and don't want to re-invent the wheel; here are my comments on the QB situation from another thread...

QB - Fitz is what he is, an average QB who makes up for some of his physical deficiencies with his above average mental capacity. With his smarts, he knows how to check down, make the correct calls at the line, place his teammates in a position to make a play, etc. His biggest issue is his accuracy. I like Fitz he is a good player, he is what he is. With a OL that gives him time to throw, he should be less rushed to make a play. The OL will also help the run game tremendously and that will further take pressure off of Fitz. Again this is not a knock on Fitz and I don't hate or dislike him...

When it comes to franchise QBs and QBs who will be better than Fitz, you have to grab them in the 1st round (Brees & Brady are exceptions. Where we end up next season (playoff team) we should be in a position to grab a mid-first round QB; generally you have until around pick 20 or 25 at the latest to grab your QB. We need a backup and it is pointless to take a developmental QB. Philly does it year in and year out. They draft a guy in the 2-5th round, invest 3-4 years in him and trade him for 2nd rounders. It isn't worth it, you miss out on players like Kyle Williams and others who can get you over the hump (which Philly never is able to do). Get a QB who can be better than Fitz and let him sit like Aaron Rodgers did. It allows our team to still be competitive while upgrading an impact position. This team is being built to be good for a good number of years, draft Fitz's replacement and when he is ready shake Fitz's hand and move on. The team won't miss a beat. If Fitz plays lights out, you may be able to punt drafting a QB until the 2014 draft and go get the big WR in 2013.

With the players we drafted this season, we did fill holes, create depth and position ourselves to make some moves next draft. Livitre, Reinhart and Urbik will all be up next year - I doubt all 3 get resigned; we got depth and replacements this year. next year we will have to grab 1 or 2 prospects to develop for depth, not 1st or 2nd rounders. McK will be gone, McGee or Florence might very well be gone as well, we drafted replacements the last 2 drafts, again only need depth. We are set up to make a play on a QB next season and still grab depth to fill holes of FA/released departures.

No need to trade the house to get a QB. I am not sure what the next class looks like and it is a bit early IMO to try to figure that out. Why you ask - Jake Locker & Brian Brohm is why. There should be someone that would be worth a mid 1st round pick...