Special Teams

Simon

I'm not in love with this draft, but the Bills seem to have done a very credible job of upgrading their special teams.

If we can patch together a respectable LB corps somehow, these three units could compliment each other very well.

I'm not in love with this draft, but the Bills seem to have done a very credible job of upgrading their special teams.

If we can patch together a respectable LB corps somehow, these three units could compliment each other very well.

I agree with everything you said... except the part about not being in love with this draft.

Gilmore - . Will be playing the nickle package at the very least. Could be starting CB day#1.

Glenn - Definitely not playing special teams.

Graham - Gailey said they are focusing him with WR NOT at special teams in training camp.

Bradham - ???

The only guy I see playing special teams and making an impact is Brooks. Can he magically pin punts kicked in the endzone within the 5 yard line?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I mentioned this elsewhere but I just heard the Bills scout talking about Bradham, who he said was the best ST teams player he has ever scouted of players who were also starters.

Excellent news; he has ST standout written all over him

Gilmore - . Will be playing the nickle package at the very least. Could be starting CB day#1.

Glenn - Definitely not playing special teams.

Graham - Gailey said they are focusing him with WR NOT at special teams in training camp.

Bradham - ???

The only guy I see playing special teams and making an impact is Brooks. Can he magically pin punts kicked in the endzone within the 5 yard line?

I think 4 of the 5 guys drafted so far will be real contributors on ST.

How come you aren't in love with this draft? (Real question.)

We got screwed early Thursday and then screwed ourselves later on Friday.

I didn't like spending a juicy Top10 pick on a mid-sized corner who was the third DB to come off the board.

And I didn't like blowing our last really valuable pick on a smallish one-dimensional WR when there was two very good LB's sitting there that we really could have used.

I'm not having a meltdown or giving it an F, it's just not how I would have approached things.

Graham your undersized Wr won't be utilized as a KR according to Gailey (read special teams). So where does he fit with special teams?

With those wheels and a willingness to take it North, I'll be surprised if he's not returning punts by Halloween.