Browns / Richardson Question

Can someone--maybe someone who was following it live--explain to me why Cleveland traded three picks to move up one spot? Seems to me that they should have known that the Vikings weren't going to take a RB (they have Peterson) and that Richardson would have been there at No. 4. What am I missing?

It was a smart decision by Cleveland. How can you possibly argue what they did and IMO they had a solid first round. Trent was probably their number 3 player on the board and were thinkin outside RG3 and Luck, he would be the player that would make the biggest impact, so why risk having someone cut in front of them? I don't fault them for doing that at all.

It was a smart decision by Cleveland. How can you possibly argue what they did and IMO they had a solid first round. Trent was probably their number 3 player on the board and were thinkin outside RG3 and Luck, he would be the player that would make the biggest impact, so why risk having someone cut in front of them? I don't fault them for doing that at all.

Who's arguing? I asked two questions because I missed what happened last night.

Thanks to the two people who answered them.

Even if for some odd ball reason Minnesota took Richardson. Cleveland would still have Blackmon, Claiborne, etc. to pick from.

That trade made no sense to me.

It makes perfect sense. The Browns have a VERY good CB core and one of the best CBs in Haden so why would they waste their top 10 pick on Claiborne? That makes NO SENSE what so ever. If you have to take a pick between a stud WR and a stud RB, RB's obviously has better value and Richardson was obviously higher on their board. I believe RBs are a dime a dozen but if you could go back in time and we had a chance to draft Adrian Peterson, you wouldn't do it?

Edited by FleaMoulds80