How imporant is this draft for us on a scale of 1-10

I believe its the most imporant draft we have had in almost 10 years ...seriously

I don't care if its Rieff, Glenn, Floyd,Barron or Luke (havent gotten his last name down yet)they MUST make an impact

Meh. A 5 or 6.

The Bills kicked some ass in free agency, filled a monster hole at pass rusher.

That gives them a lot of flexibility in the 2012 draft.

Why are you so dramatic about this draft?

I dont think it will be a poor draft and even if it was mediocre I doubt there'd be any changes. This is the most "direction" we've had in years. When Nix came in this was a rudderless ship. After Donahoe was fired (not that he did any good) the whole thing went (even further) south. I love Marv but hes not a GM and Brandon is a marketer and a businessman that had no business on the football side of things. Nix has even provided for the future by bringing Whaley in....

This is a very important draft because if they get this one mostly right, Buffalo should contend. They need four players: after adding Williams and Anderson, the defense is a CB and an OLB away and on offense they need a LT and a WR. That is doable with a good, solid draft. They can't make a mistake though. IF Nix misses in rounds one or two, this team will take another year.

8 or 9, failure this year means new coaching staff again

90% of the team is already set. If the coaches are going to get fired (which I dont see happening) it would have very little to do with how the FO drafts in 2012. Im also not sure I follow the logic that a GM would fire a coaching staff for his own drafting failures.

This whole thread is silly. Of course the draft is important. EVERY draft is important.

Meh. A 5 or 6.

The Bills kicked some ass in free agency, filled a monster hole at pass rusher.

That gives them a lot of flexibility in the 2012 draft.

Why are you so dramatic about this draft?

Im a big momentum guy, if we have a good draft we can be set for legit playoff team for years to come....if we fail then it is a huge set back

The Bills still need another LB, another CB, another WR, another OT - as has been said, to really be ready to go to battle without any glaring weaknesses. If we were to find a good starter in each of these four areas for our team, and those players were to play well, we'd still have areas where we could upgrade. So, how far do we have to go before we are good enough to compete with the best teams in the NFL? I'd say we still need to bring in the right 5 or 6 players before we're talking championship - so, as many of those players as can be had this year the better.

How important is the draft? How long do you want to wait to see Buffalo in the playoffs? A good GM can bring in enough talent through the draft process to turn a team around in 3 years. We're at the point now where this year could put us in position to be a playoff team. It's important. I can't wait.

I would say the draft has to be around an 8 in importance. We relieved some pressure through free agency and now are only players away from glory. If it wasn't for us picking up Mario and Anderson, we would have to draft one or two pass rush guys and then get the CB, OLB, LT, and WR which would make coming out of the draft successfully, very difficult.