pandorajam

birdog1960

was looking for options to stream pandora to my apple tv (and therefore to my home theater system) when i found this. it not only claims to do what i want but also to dump played songs, tagged in itunes. anybody familiar with this? is it likely to get my account banned from pandora or worse?

was looking for options to stream pandora to my apple tv (and therefore to my home theater system) when i found this. it not only claims to do what i want but also to dump played songs, tagged in itunes. anybody familiar with this? is it likely to get my account banned from pandora or worse?

Get Roku and do it legally.

That's what I did.

but roku only plays the pandora stations, right? this dumps them in itunes for later listening. i don't think pandarojam would be doing anythying illegal to enable streaming to apple tv (and there are other certified apple apps that do this). i'm concerned with loading free music on to itunes from pandora which seems unique to pandorajam. it looks like pandorajam's been in existence for several years so i doubt they got a cease and desist order. i'm wishfully thinking it must be ok to do this.

Edited by birdog1960

but roku only plays the pandora stations, right? this dumps them in itunes for later listening. i don't think pandarojam would be doing anythying illegal to enable streaming to apple tv (and there are other certified apple apps that do this). i'm concerned with loading free music on to itunes from pandora which seems unique to pandorajam. it looks like pandorajam's been in existence for several years so i doubt they got a cease and desist order. i'm wishfully thinking it must be ok to do this.

To me that's too much work. Pandora doesn't always play stuff I want to hear and I just use it for background music when I'm in the house on the computer or cooking. I don't want to have to go back and figure out what I want to keep and what I want to dump.

well, i tried it and it works really well. no problem streaming to apple tv. the free trial version stops streaming after about 1/2 hour and then you need to manually change back from computer to apple tv for output but supposedly this isn't a problem after you pony up $15.

the record feature is pretty cool. a red button icon is present and you hit that when you want to record a song you're hearing. (it seems to get the whole song even if you hit the button after it's started). it then gets put in a pandorajam playlist on itunes which is further separated by the station from which the song was recorded. pandorajam states this is the audio equivalent of time shifting - essentially tivo for audio and that is how it seems to work to me. unfortunately, i feel like doing this is depriving some starving artists (i tend to favor more obscure bands) food and gas money. so i'm gonna stick with the streaming and not the recording... and i'll keep turning my stashed loose coins into amazon vouchers and watch for fez's free download posts.