Would Fletcher Cox be a good pick?

PIZ

He might be the pick...Nix said at the luncheon that even if someone is picked high he doesn't have to play high at the beginning of the season.

Nix definitely intimated that it was just as important for the team to get a playmaker/difference maker as it is a starter.

I think the pick could be a surprise and it wouldn't surprise me if the guy was a DT they could play in waves or a situational pass rusher (in this case, both).

Cox is a great football player. I think one out of every five tackles he makes is for a loss… as Buffalo Rebound said "the guy lives in the backfield."

When you factor in the situation you guys mentioned with Kyle Williams coming back from a significant surgery…

Nix definitely intimated that it was just as important for the team to get a playmaker/difference maker as it is a starter.

I think the pick could be a surprise and it wouldn't surprise me if the guy was a DT they could play in waves or a situational pass rusher (in this case, both).

Cox is a great football player. I think one out of every five tackles he makes is for a loss… as Buffalo Rebound said "the guy lives in the backfield."

When you factor in the situation you guys mentioned with Kyle Williams coming back from a significant surgery…

I would be down-right ecstatic with this pick.

Keep sending em in waves!!!

I'm kinda convinced on either Kuechly or Cox. Cox makes me think of Justin Tuck. The Giants were a 500 team in 2011 without him and really only took off after Tuck came back. Cox and Kuechly just seem a bit more bust proof of those expected to be available at 10.

Edited by JPS

There is no way in hell that a DT will be the pick at 10. You actually think we're passing on Floyd, a corner or OT to take a DT at 10? DL will be addressed at the earliest with our 3rd pick. I'd play it safe and guess we use one of our 4th rd picks for DL depth. The only way I see a DL being taken earlier than that is if 1st rd DL talent drops to 41 (stranger things have happened).