Go Big 4th round QB

Big difference between hiring a backup, and grooming a young QB to someday take over the reigns. I dunno about you, but I wouldn't waste a second rounder on a backup.

A kid like Osweiller, for example, is a project, but his size, and athleticism give him a tremendous upside. In Denver's situation, you take a kid like that with the understanding that Manning's days are numbered, and someday soon Osweiller will be THE GUY. Otherwise, what's the justification for taking a project in the second?

p is also

How about this concept, your backup is also your future signal caller, good grief :doh:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a point. Sorgi never lost a game.. or started one

I get that, but this is a completely different situation. Any guy backing up Manning from his mid-20's on, HAD to embrace the reality that they may never see the field. If Manning got his bell rung, maybe you were in for a down, or two. Other than that, you were trade-bait, and/or a living clipboard stand. That was your future.

I think backing up Manning at this particular point in his career has totally different implications. Especially, if your'e a kid with as much potential as Osweiller. It seems to me like the right peices are in place for Brock to someday be the face of the Bronco franchise.