Why I THINK we need to go WR rd1

Interesting that San Diego never drafted a Notre Dame player when Nix was there. Nix passed on Claussen twice when QB was a huge need. Claussen seems to be buddies with Floyd as he threw to him at his pro day. Maybe Nix just isn't a fan of Notre Dame players.

Maybe Nix just isn't a fan of Claussen.

Yeaaa no he's not. LB is still our biggest weakness and outside of Barnett, we have mediocre players. LB's will get you immediate production whereas a WR takes about 2 to 3 years to have their breakout years (with the exception of a few). Floyd is not the better player. Kuechly is a safer pick that fills a need for this team and will produce from day one.

We can draft Kuechly and still get a WR that produces like a Sanu, and theres always a possibility that Stephen Hill will be available in the 2nd round.

I am not thrilled with Kuechly, as our pick, but i might also have to face that he might be BPA and would make a big impact soon. i see us getting quality receivers outside of the first round too. tough draft year for us i feel. I guess we were spoiled rotten last year with so many hits especially M. D.

Maybe Nix just isn't a fan of Claussen.

Probably, but it's also interesting that our top 3 picks in each of Nix's drafts have all been from the Southeast, Nix's old stomping grounds. Our only pick of significance not from Southeast the last 2 years was 4th rounder Easley from UConn. Williams and Anderson, our big free agent signings also played college ball in the Southeast. Nix clearly has a comfort level with players from that area and also probably has deep connections to their college coaches. That's why I highly doubt we draft Floyd and there's even less possibility of drafting him if Nix doesn't bring him in for a visit.