Is the Bills D ready to make a stand vs. AFC East?

I didn't mean to make you cry, I was just stating facts to bring some Bills fans back down to reality. One player doesn't turn a perennial loser into a championship team. It's not basketball where a Michael Jordon can dominate another team. The Bills haven't made the playoffs this entire century. They need a LOT of help.

Let's face it, the Pats are light years ahead of us, we need a lot more talent to catch them. They were one missed catch away from another ring.

The Pats have been good for so long it's sickening. I can't remember when they were bad, I think the last time they were bad the NFL was still using leather helmets.

Well the pats have no defense and I am not sure why you are so in love with BB and Tom Brady. They were beat by this bills team sans Supa Mario and KW. They will surely fall to a Bills team with Supa Mario and Spiller, Freddy, Spiller, Stevie, and Byrd. This Bills team is solid, plenty of talent now. You can continue to bow to BB and Brady but I see a Bills team that can take this easily.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to make you cry, I was just stating facts to bring some Bills fans back down to reality. One player doesn't turn a perennial loser into a championship team. It's not basketball where a Michael Jordon can dominate another team. The Bills haven't made the playoffs this entire century. They need a LOT of help.

Let's face it, the Pats are light years ahead of us, we need a lot more talent to catch them. They were one missed catch away from another ring.

The Pats have been good for so long it's sickening. I can't remember when they were bad, I think the last time they were bad the NFL was still using leather helmets.

I wouldn't call splitting games with them last year as them being "light years" ahead.

Injuries killed the 2011 season for the Bills, and lack of depth. The Patriots defense was actually worse then the Bills. The areas that the Patriots excel at are QB Tom Brady, tight ends, WR in Wes Welker and O line.

The Bills could go a long way to helping themselves by drafting a top LT, WR, TE, OLB. Plus free agency isn't over, the plug in of a few good players on offense by the Bills could change the entire shape of the AFC East.

The Bills need to protect Fitz better, stay healthy, and add talent / depth to that O line would be my primary concern. Problems at OT, G, and center if Wood can't last a season.

The mere fact that when Stevie Johnson was benched and Fitz found unknown WR Derek Hagan 7 times for 89 yards in that last game against the Patriots shows me that Fitz doesn't necessary need a super star WR to get the job done. Tight end is also a concern if Scott Chandler can't stay healthy.

It took 3 years to finally get a top pass rush. I hope this year the Bills will also address the O line.

On paper, sure they can. They can't get any worse!

coulda shoulda I know but think about it.

IF the Bills had a better D last season - games that could have been won

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals L 20 - 23

10/16 @ New York Giants L 24 - 27

that would have had them 7-0!!!!

Then after the Oct 30 23-0 win over Washington Fitz has bruised / broken ribs and NUMEROUS other players went on the Injury list in the following weeks ---

Week 9 OUT - Demetrius Bell, Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams

Week 10 OUT - Demetrius Bell, Chris Kelsay, Rian Lindell, Kyle Williams,

Week 11 OUT - Rian Lindell, Chris White, Eric Wood - losing Wood hurt the team. See the Miami game in Miami :bag:

Week 12 OUT - Fred Jackson, Donald Jones, Rian Lindell, Terrence McGee, Naaman Roosevelt, George Wilson

--

With a healthy O in Weeks 12 and 13 you could add these 2 close games as wins - you then have a 10 win season.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever