18 vs 18

Santana

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Peyton Manning should've chosen a different number?

Good Afternoon fellow Bills fans. This has nothing to do with the Bills but I do find it to be an intriguing topic of discussion. Peyton Manning as we all know is going to be wearing his coveted #18. No big deal right? here's where things get kind of touchy, Frank Tripucka was the Bronco's first QB and had his jersey which was #18 retired. Now regardless of him either contacting Manning or Manning contacting him about the number, I personally don't think a players jersey should be un-retired. Now thats just MY personal opinion but I can also see the other side of the argument as well. I just think that if a jersey is retired it should be kept that way, it's just corny in my eyes. Now again, this has nothing to do with how bad Frank Tripucka was and how much better of a QB Peyton is, it's solely based on the principal. What's your take on this?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Lincoln Osiris

Good Afternoon fellow Bills fans. This has nothing to do with the Bills but I do find it to be an intriguing topic of discussion. Peyton Manning as we all know is going to be wearing his coveted #18. No big deal right? here's where things get kind of touchy, Frank Tripucka was the Bronco's first QB and had his jersey which was #18 retired. Now regardless of him either contacting Manning or Manning contacting him about the number, I personally don't think a players jersey should be un-retired. Now thats just MY personal opinion but I can also see the other side of the argument as well. I just think that if a jersey is retired it should be kept that way, it's just corny in my eyes. Now again, this has nothing to do with how bad Frank Tripucka was and how much better of a QB Peyton is, it's solely based on the principal. What's your take on this?

GO BILLS!!!

My take on retired numbers has always been to not retire them at all but rather have a player that someday EARNS the right to wear that number again. Retired numbers signify greatness. Letting another player wear it in the future signifies he's worthy.

GO BILLS!!!

There is an article out there from last week where Frank Tripuka is quoted saying he would be honored if Manning wore the #18. It's not like Tripuke was some stellar QB.. he was just the first QB to play for Denver.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20172092/tripuka-would-be-honored-if-manning-wears-broncos

http://www.thesportsbank.net/nfl/why-did-the-denver-broncos-retire-18-frank-tripucka-had-horrific-stats/

Who cares!?

I do! not to the extent that i'm going to lose sleep over it but to the point that I wanted to ask other people how they felt. That's pretty much it

My take on retired numbers has always been to not retire them at all but rather have a player that someday EARNS the right to wear that number again. Retired numbers signify greatness. Letting another player wear it in the future signifies he's worthy.

GO BILLS!!!

Awesome take on that man! Never looked at it from that perspective but I can't agree more with you, straight up!