Alternate 2002 logo?

So I've got a question about an [possibly] obscure piece of Bills merchandise.

Presumably, this logo was part of the 2002 redesign but was obviously canned before the season:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=fa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw

I knew of the existence of this logo through there, but didn't think it ever made it to production. This weekend I found a hat with that logo. My question is, how widespread were these? Are they more common than I thought, or is it an internal promo-type thing? It's a Reebok branded hat and doesn't look like a bootleg. Either way it's a cool piece of trivia.

If anyone has any insight that would be awesome, thanks.

post-12812-067338100 1332194956_thumb.jpg

So I've got a question about an [possibly] obscure piece of Bills merchandise.

Presumably, this logo was part of the 2002 redesign but was obviously canned before the season:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=fa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw

I knew of the existence of this logo through there, but didn't think it ever made it to production. This weekend I found a hat with that logo. My question is, how widespread were these? Are they more common than I thought, or is it an internal promo-type thing? It's a Reebok branded hat and doesn't look like a bootleg. Either way it's a cool piece of trivia.

If anyone has any insight that would be awesome, thanks.

i have the same hat. a friend bought it for me from a booth at the ny state fair about a decade ago. wear it with pride.

it looks like the Sabres logo got pregnant with the Seahawks logos kid, but was smoking while the baby was in the womb so it ended up like that deformed demon.

Funny you mention the Sabres because this looks awfully like one of the rejected Sabres logos done by the guy who designed the slug logo. I'm posting from my phone now, but later I will go to Sabrespace and find that artwork.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Funny you mention the Sabres because this looks awfully like one of the rejected Sabres logos done by the guy who designed the slug logo. I'm posting from my phone now, but later I will go to Sabrespace and find that artwork.

PTR

I agree. I'm thinking it's gotta be the same artist.

It's amazing that the slug was the best of those. Yuck.

I think that bills logo looks like the bastard child of the black and red era buffalo and the slug.

Seriously.

If I were a decision maker and some craphead artist brought me that POS sheet, I would smack them in their head, poke my eyes out, and sue them for whatever money was paid upfront and my long term disability for now being blind.

That page offended me deeply as a human being and a hockey fan. :sick: