Dallas Clark?

I don't know that Clark would be a great pick up but I do think having two legit TEs would be a great idea and we should try to have that. Look at it this way, you have 3 wide (SJ, Nelson and CJ and/or new FA) 2 TEs and Fred or CJ behind Fitz. The running game and passing both are more effective and the scheme is more flexible than the normal spread (you do remember the Kgun? with Thurman 2 W/Os and 2 TEs, Beliache is just making a variation on that). The spread is a college set and this variation of it is NFL tried and true. It just causes all sort of problems and with the right talent is devastating, we could also use hurry up more effectively. I really advocated doing this last year when there were some good FA TEs out there. I still think it would be a great idea.

What D do you use? Play action and longer developing plays become a true threat w/o any o-line upgrades. NE* and Bellycheat are very smart and we should copy it. And those saying they didn't win the SB last year, at least they got to it. The D is their problem not the offence.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that Clark would be a great pick up but I do think having two legit TEs would be a great idea and we should try to have that. Look at it this way, you have 3 wide (SJ, Nelson and CJ and/or new FA) 2 TEs and Fred or CJ behind Fitz. The running game and passing both are more effective and the scheme is more flexible than the normal spread (you do remember the Kgun? with Thurman 2 W/Os and 2 TEs, Beliache is just making a variation on that). The spread is a college set and this variation of it is NFL tried and true. It just causes all sort of problems and with the right talent is devastating, we could also use hurry up more effectively. I really advocated doing this last year when there were some good FA TEs out there. I still think it would be a great idea.

What D do you use? Play action and longer developing plays become a true threat w/o any o-line upgrades. NE* and Bellycheat are very smart and we should copy it. And those saying they didn't win the SB last year, at least they got to it. The D is their problem not the offence.

There is iron in your words.

Right. I'm certainly not arguing that you do. Nor am I arguing that Clark in 2012 really improves the Bills a ton (much as I would love for him to). You seemed to be implying that having an awesome 2 TE set wasn't helpful enough because NE didn't win it all. I for one think if Gronk had been healthy in that game it would have been hard for the Giants to emerge victorious.

I think it might have been more difficult, but they were pressuring Brady pretty well.

I think it might have been more difficult, but they were pressuring Brady pretty well.

They certainly were. I would like to have seen that game with everyone at full speed. I would still have hoped the Giants beat the stinking Pats, but it would have been even more impressive.

Are you kidding me? Dallas Clark is a top 5 TE. No doubt. If not top 2. Of course, he needs to be healthy. Just Hope his old TE coach has some recruiting abilities. I would take this signing better than a Vincent Jackson signing. Wow, Fitz would be thrilled if he had Clark and Chandler to toss the ball too.

Both TE's from IOWA bring in MOEOKI from K.C Triple threat!!!

MOEOKI had a hell of a rookie year. but wasn't he injured last year? I did not know that he is a free agent. Hey Even though, I am partial to Dallas Clark. MOEOKI, could be a good pick up. Not sure what they will do, but Chandler cannot do it all. we need another good TE. Clarks salary could be a concern. Who knows what he would want. Other than be where Manning is.

MOEOKI had a hell of a rookie year. but wasn't he injured last year? I did not know that he is a free agent. Hey Even though, I am partial to Dallas Clark. MOEOKI, could be a good pick up. Not sure what they will do, but Chandler cannot do it all. we need another good TE. Clarks salary could be a concern. Who knows what he would want. Other than be where Manning is.

Why is it that whenever someone get's injured, everybody automatically think's he's terrible?