• Andre Branch, DE
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Josh Robinson, CB
    • Zach Brown, LB
    • Brandon Thompson, DT
    • Nick Toon
    • Ronnell Lewis
    • Other

I picked 10 guys who were available around the Bills pick in some random mock draft. I am sure you'all may have ideas for a guy not listed. If so, tick "other" and write the name in down here. If 3 people write in the same name, I will add the player.

Vote away...

Went with Branch because we need that end presence. I have been seeing general consensus move away from Tackle as tenth pick post-combine. I am surprised he made the number one spot. Were there more Defensive ends to choose from than Offensive Tackles? Maybe Tackle won because of a consensus on fewer tackles being available/targeted at 10th pick.

And I am off to check the old post and test my theory!

Sure enough:

Three DE/OLB playes listed to vote on: Ingram with 22, Perry with 4 and Upshaw with 7.

Martin was lone Tackle prospect in voting and garnered the most votes, 27 I believe.

I am certainly not ragging on the vote or anything, I participated and was voted down resoundingly. I concur with the Consensus GM and see how it goes idea, it sounds cool to check back later. I wonder how much the vote was influenced by the presence of a split vote for DE as opposed to the unified LT.

Thoughts?

Edited by poo

This exercise should probably be done closer to the draft, after free agency and player evaluations are completed.

It's a bit early, IMO.

Oh, it's definitely early. I thought it would be fun to compare the early boards to ones closer to draft day. We're assuming Reiff is top 10 and in April, he may be a 2nd rounder. I think the boards will be very different. Not for the pros, but for us as the real info and intentions leak out.