Afraid to draft a DE high?

Not afraid to draft a DE high - Marcell turned out pretty good in 2011, even though he'll end up as a DT in 2012. Just heed the warnings by the unbiased national gurus who are afraid to mock draft a DE in the entire 1st round. Resist the urge, mock drafters, just because the biggest apparent need is DE, keep focused on the big picture of getting the BPA at a position where he will be utilized, for example OT or CB.

I watched a ton of South Carolina this year. Ingram was unreal. He is off the charts athletic and can play 4 positions. This year they were kicking him down to DT and the next play standing him up outside to blitz. He made special teams plays that were mind blowing too. Oh, he did it all in the SEC. I know his arms are short but so were Kyle Williams and Dwight Freeny's and they turned out alright. If the Bills go Ingram we will all be happy once he puts on the pads.

I concur and would love Ingram and would be ok with Coples but please no Upshaw, he is not worth a top 10 and if we were going to take a Bama player I'd rather have Hightower

To the OP pertaining to the discussion of our poor track record of selecting defensive linemen in the first round, in addition to the players you mentioned the Bills drafted Walt Patulski (Notre Dame DE) first overall in 1972 and the late Phil Dokes (OK State DE) 12th overall in 1977.

It almost seems like Bruce Smith was our only really good D-lineman first rounder until Dareus last year.

How does the poor guy manage to pleasure himself?

No kidding… at 31.5 inches he probably can't even pick his navel.

I'll amend the statement: you expect difference makers in 1-2, starters in 3. You don't always hit, but you need more hits than misses and we had far more misses than hits. Or are you saying you enjoyed our drafts?

I'm not sure how you were able to conclude that I am happy with the Bills' drafts over the last decade, but no of course not.

I was simply saying that it isn't realistic to expect any team to routinely find stars in each of the 1st,2nd and 3rd rounds. Even

the mighty Pats miss on early picks sometimes.