J. Finley 15mil over 2yrs...

Dragonborn10

Just because he is the #1 on a Bad Bills team, it doesn't make him a #1 in the NFL. He is a #2 and that is most likely what the Bills are offering. I would also put in fines out the ass for him doing stupid ****.

You might be the biggest Stevie hater on this board.

In case you weren't aware. This "Bad Bills" team is in the NFL. So Stevie being the #1 on the Bills, who are in the NFL, would make him a #1 in the NFL. The Bills should pay him like he is their #1. Thats probably what he is asking for. Hence why you don't here outrageous claims like he is asking for 10+ million.

And I'm completely sick of this #1 or #2 argument. There are 32 teams, Stevie's average statistics put him at about 13-15th best WR in the league. Therefore by your expert analysis there must only be about 10 "#1 recievers" in the NFL. So what are the other teams suppose to do for #1's? Also Jordy Nelson outperformed Greg Jennings, so maybe they should switch pay checks, seeing as now, according to how you rate receivers, Nelson would be the #1.

You might be the biggest Stevie hater on this board.

In case you weren't aware. This "Bad Bills" team is in the NFL. So Stevie being the #1 on the Bills, who are in the NFL, would make him a #1 in the NFL. The Bills should pay him like he is their #1. Thats probably what he is asking for. Hence why you don't here outrageous claims like he is asking for 10+ million.

And I'm completely sick of this #1 or #2 argument. There are 32 teams, Stevie's average statistics put him at about 13-15th best WR in the league. Therefore by your expert analysis there must only be about 10 "#1 recievers" in the NFL. So what are the other teams suppose to do for #1's? Also Jordy Nelson outperformed Greg Jennings, so maybe they should switch pay checks, seeing as now, according to how you rate receivers, Nelson would be the #1.

Totally agree. Who cares what arbitrary number you assign each receiver, the nelson/jennings point nails it exactly. Bottom line, if we let SJ walk we are left with two WR holes to fill instead of one. How could you say he is not a #1 after he posted back-to-back 1000 yd season on a marginal team, out performed Sweet Lee and made him expendable. The BIlls were already gained value by not having to overpay for SJ in his initial contract, we found a gem in the 7th rd and developed him into a quality NFL starter. We should pay him what the market dictates and try and get another WR to play opposite him. I think Garcon would be a great fit for this role.

Thoughts?

Go Bills.

Incorrect. In 2 years the cap will sky rocket and he will be a huge dollar FA. If you can lock guys at today's salaries long term its urgent to do.

Incorrect in your opinion. Correct in mine. The cap is going to increase yes. It always has, but if it increases dramatically, say up to $200M, the star player will be back asking for a raise. Get out from under the rock. If you have laid out $35M in bonus money and they are looking for a re-negotiation in year 3, you are facing an irreconcilable difference with a key player. The objective shouldn't be to beat the player at the bargaining table, it should be to keep them happy and productive while they are useful and productive. Keep the player and save the money now. If they are worth it, then pay them more later.